Nintendo Chief Cuts His Compensation in Half

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 270419

Good example, Nintendo. Why can't more politicians be like this? After years of running my region poorly, the politicians in my area gave themselves a raise instead. :p

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Now imagine if members of the Unites States Government and Federal Reserve took such responsibility/liability in such a formal manner? I know, I know, leave the fairy tales to experts...

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
This guys trick worked, you think a pay cut for multi millionaires makes a damn bit of difference? They are only doing this to con gullible people into buying their "failed" product. Perfect timing as well considering the issues in the U.S.

This is merely a publicity stunt.

evo_7

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
I just think what makes this novel is given Nintendo's position in the company it definitely creates positive pr for them and for workers. Sure the president and his directors are rich if we go by a "loose standard" but at the same time if we compare it to the US banks like Goldman Sachs, CITI and other corporations, they were instead issuing bonuses and, in cases they were cut, receiving complaints for instances it was cut.

Its about the "class" I suppose is made from a decisions. Decisions like this would do wonders for a lot of companies in the US and would go a long way toward at least easing some tension that is created by executive pay. Not like I have delusions of it happening but its nice to know it happens somewhere in the world I suppose =3

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Haha, you guys thumbed me down 7 times? Proves my point. Stupid consumers, stupid public. Or maybe not stupid, just blind as can be. The government works FOR us as well, right? Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.