Nintendo Cuts $80 From 3DS Price in Hopes to Boost Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
"$169.99 price point"
meh...
I have a DS Lite.. That price still isn't low enough for me to get excited.
I think it would actually have to be under $100 to get my interest but that's just me...

G

Maybe if it were done over a week ago... even now, its not effective for another two weeks or so... too little, too late.

Tooki

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
The problem is still that they don't have any games for the thing. Sure, I'd love to have Ocarina of Time in my pocket so I could play it whenever I want, but that's literally the only game that looks like fun at the moment--and I certainly can't see many people paying for the system (even at it's reduced price) just to play a 13 year-old N64 port that has been re-released on both the Gamecube and Wii already.

G

A relatively weak system, with short battery life, small game library and a price that rivals livingroom consoles... yeah, no thx. Had it been 200€ on launch, don't know if I care to buy it anymore, maybe when Pokémon 3D comes out..

G

[citation][nom]eurtgamer[/nom]Ok. Nobody buy it now and see if it goes lower. A wii console is still cheaper.....[/citation]

Yeah, and the Wii is also 5 years old.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
"NINTENDO CUTS PRICE OF 3DS BY $80"

Well i guess i paid a premium to usher in new tech. . . wait what's this second line?

"NINTENDO OFFERING 20 FREE GAMES TO ALL WHO PAID FULL PRICE"

I love you Nintendo. So very much. You didn't have to do that. Here, take more of my money.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If Nintendo would add a cellular chip, and sim card slot to the device I would be interested. Nintendo has lost the mobile market, their best bet now is a bluetooth controller and android/iphone app.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Also, everybody who's complaining about "NO GAMES" why don't you actually take a look at the small, albeit well rounded library. Pilotwings, Ridge Racer 3ds, SFIV, Ocarina, and Ghost Recon are all top shelf, fun, well made games.

Add on the fact that you can literally get for like 5 bucks most all DSi Ware titles and 3D Classics, as well as virtual console games, that arguement no longer holds up.

feedthebaby

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
i think they must give a free 3ds when you buy a pspvita so that they can have all pepole use both systems and that way they can earn some money by selling dragon quest and pokemon for 70$ each cuz thats why ppl buy it in the first place altho it souds dum but who will buy 3ds in the first place of course compared to the pspvita and you might say the lost some money making the 3ds but i am sure that piece of junk cost them at most 50$ i mean wtf 8bit games?

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]feedthebaby[/nom]
>>selling dragon quest and pokemon for 70$ each
>>who will buy 3ds in the first place of course compared to the pspvita
>>that piece of junk cost them at most 50$
>>8bit games?[/citation]

Trollface.jpg the whole time.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I love nintendo this system was always my favorite. i loved the cube when everyone of my friends did not enjoy it, i don't want nintendo to ever fail because i feel they can make kids have fun on their systems like i did. the sorry truth is USA i a violent country who only wants to play FPS. i hate FPS i want adventure/Strategy games and nintendo you always delivered this to me. I HATE ONLINE GAMING, its ruining the story line in games. the story matters and this is why nintendo will be the only thing holding me back from being a 100% PC gamer fan.

I traded my wii for a 360 and its the worse thing i ever did. the wii has so much more creative titles then shooter shooter and of course shooter titles on the 360

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I think one factor Nintendo never added into their figures is the fact many people bought a DS system to pirate games on it. The 3DS is not so piracy friendly, so they've lost the pirate demographic. I don't think they mind, but it is lost system sales. This sudden price cut could be more likely due to the multiple 3D phones coming out, already ruining a niche that N might have thought they'd hold onto for awhile.

Still, I'm not that phased by the Nintendo haters. They made a mistake, and are not only cutting the price to adjust accordingly, but are giving gifts to those that have already bought it. It's not often I see that kind of customer service these days.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
ive still got the original ds and i dont think ill really bother with the ds

the only games i ussed to play on it were harvest moon, pokemon and that rune one

oh yeah and a couple others

im glad i decided to get a new phone instead it was a much better choice

Status
Not open for further replies.