Nintendo Cuts $80 From 3DS Price in Hopes to Boost Sales

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Nintendo has always had the best costumer service and i always get a AMERICAN when i call them, unlike Microsoft
they are such nice people

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
That's more like it 249 was way too high. I'd def be checking one out now, but i would have been pissed if i would have bought one for 249 just to see it drop 80 dollars a week later to 169. I prob would have returned it and got my 229 back and then bought another one for 169 and saved me 80 dollars. lol

bombat1994

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
for anyone that doesn't have an R4 card those games are would actually be a pretty good incentive. i dunno, the only games that i have played on my DS in the past 2 years have been mario kart and pokemon, mario kakrt was terrible on wii, i will see how the game is to whether i buy this in the future

falcompsx

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]feedthebaby[/nom]i think they must give a free 3ds when you buy a pspvita so that they can have all pepole use both systems and that way they can earn some money by selling dragon quest and pokemon for 70$ each cuz thats why ppl buy it in the first place altho it souds dum but who will buy 3ds in the first place of course compared to the pspvita and you might say the lost some money making the 3ds but i am sure that piece of junk cost them at most 50$ i mean wtf 8bit games?[/citation]

holy lack of punctuation batman!

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Its shity technology . Why not make the FKn screen bigger? well bc nintendo was thinking profits. they were thinking that all the nerds were going to buy this at any price and make billions again just like they did for the wii. I thinkt he nerds are finaly catching on .

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]If Nintendo would gave me this 3DS fore FREE and gave me 40 FREE games I still wouldn't care.[/citation]

Ok there.... you lie like a rug.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Having this news item both bolded and with the red arrow is redundant. It is like the designers couldn't decide which was better, and then used both. Using both is worse than either by themselves. Less is the new more.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I have a DS lite and haven't touched it in well over a year. Even this price is too high IMO. I think yatzee best sums up the 3D effect, your constantly switching it on and off cause you can't get comfortable with it. Off and your wasting your money, on and its a horrible experience. (I don't get the headaches just strangely confused) IMO it needs a bigger screen at least.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
my plan: sell dsi, buy 3ds 2 days before sale, register it, go back to store after sale starts and collect the difference and 20 games =]

Status
Not open for further replies.