Nintendo, EA, Others Vanish From SOPA Supporter List

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anonymous sounds like a bunch of nerdorissts, and I hope they catch them all, but before they do get caught I hope they actualy pull of all their little terrorist acts, so the big companies realize that they cannot dictate what others should do or not do. Let them know there are people capable to take them down if necessary.
In other words I'm all for it, and yet against it.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]Poor Taylor Swift. She's a sweetie, but she's obviously been misled about this thing. I hope Anon isn't too hard on her.[/citation]

That's what she said!

But on a serious note, I am fully against SOPA and hope it fails. And with my ISP being on the support list, I am really hoping it fails.

G

I am completely against SOPA but I honestly hope someone exposes Annoynamous for what they truly are and that is terrorists plain and simple... They talk all there crap but what are they going to do if some of their actions really piss off the government to the point they decide to actually do something about them. They can hide behind their masks but they aren't pros...if the CIA wants to find them they can.

G

GENTS DRAW YOUR ATTENTION HERE

If the ESA still supports the bil then EA, Nintendo and Sony withdrawing support is a PR stunt and that's all. THey work through ESA. It's a proxy for them, Deus Ex style.

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Those that sponsor this bill are the same individuals who idealize smaller gov't with less control. Gee, what could possibly be changing their toon on this subject? Hooray America!

G

American arrogance at its finest. the belief that our government institutions can do anything and are only kept in check by our votes/policies. We are not untouchable and we are not the rulers of the world.

G

This just gets better and better. So the USA was not satisfied trying to police the world so now they are trying to police the internet? HAHAHAHA.

I can't wait until everyone moves DNS / content / hosting servers and websites off of US soil and give them the finger.

G

@crimson the real terrorist is your own government. Corrupted to the core.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Attacking companies does nothing.....

See, therer's this thing called congress.................................... Maybe anon should look into that.....

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Attacking companies does nothing.....See, therer's this thing called congress.................................... Maybe anon should look into that.....[/citation]
who you think owns them?

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Microsoft on the list? OK, in that case, I'll be pirating the next copy of Windows or Office rather than buying it. (HA! and the point is supposedly but not really reducing piracy...)

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
interesting esp. since this is an election year and business get what they want no matter who they have to pay to postulate before the masses for as much money as it costs to get what they want.
dmca, patriot act, tort reform, taft-hartley act, corporate campaign contribution=Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 1987, the Fairness Doctrine,
U.S. Senate Commerce Committee in 1981 approved a bill that would deregulate the broadcast industry.

Read more: How Did Deregulation Affect Broadcast Media? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6639496_did-deregulation-affect-broadcast-media_.html#ixzz1iAX0S0ca
the impending vote on broadcast ownership and cross-ownership rules morphed from an obscure regulatory process into a national debate over modifying rules that had limited how many TV or radio stations a media company may own.
The two Democratic commissioners sharply dissented on Monday, claiming that the changes will curb the number of different perspectives heard on the air and even herald "the end of democracy."
"Those who believe that the Internet will save us from the same fate (of consolidation) should realize that the leading news sources on the Internet are controlled by the same media giants who control radio, TV, newspapers and cable,"
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1028-1012027.html
these are just some of the things being used to subvert who really has control of our government for the people, by the people and of the people.
corporations are getting their ducks in a row to take over control, they are almost ready.
i'd laugh too but i've been paying very close attention to events as they happen and i can't help but come to some of the same conclusions everybody else is having esp after following elections, campaign finances and contributors like enron, halliburton, george soros and the peoples republic of china in american politics.
it puts alot of perspective into a documentary like Hot Coffee and Gas Land.
with so many pieces to this puzzle the picture is becoming clear if you are able to put them together.
anybody else seeing the big picture? i know from the comments the ones referring to 1984 are, but who are the new power brokers going to be?

G

[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Microsoft on the list? OK, in that case, I'll be pirating the next copy of Windows or Office rather than buying it. (HA! and the point is supposedly but not really reducing piracy...)[/citation]

Actually Microsoft is on the opposing list. Smiling as Anonymous steers more console players their way in 2012 by taking down PSN again.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I use to support SOPA like you but then I took a anonymous to the knee.

On a more serious note the fact that these companies drop their public support means nothing. It is simply a PR move but behind closed doors they still support it all the same.

G

I don't support SOPA but hypocritical Google imposes SOPA on its users by requiring us to use real names, impeding our right to truly free speech and stomping on the primacy of the individual. Google wants its cake and eat it to. You and me are the cake and we are being eaten.

Google doesn't want to have to police its search results or who it sells ads to because of the enormous burden it would place on the very technology a search engine uses yet they have no problem imposing an enormous burden on its users who are forced to self-censor their true thoughts and freedom of speech and expression when posting how they really feel about issues.

I want the good with the bad. I want meaningful discourse. I want to relinquish the chains of injustice and free information from its imprisonment. You can't do that with big brother, big employer, or some psycho who doesn't agree with you being able to stalk you in real life by doing a simple Bing search of your real name.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
geezus , let me start off by saying i hate tehse bills , and in NO way endorse them at all , they are contradictory to EVERY THING our country (US) stands for.

Now that said, i really can';t stand these anonymous clowns either. Get a f---ing clue.

1. you do nothing really and so far your bark's been far worse than your nip , i mean bite.

2. even if you DID ever cause any serious damage , doing so WOULD NOT help your cause , and indeed might hurt it as it gives creedance to your oppositions reasoning behind wanting to tighten up internet laws.

those two facts alone make this group pointless and far more harmful than good , i hope these guys all get d--- rot or something and die along with the guys that came up with SOPA..

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Lol, Anonymous claims they infiltrated the DoD's servers. What a bunch of bullshit, they defaced a DoD web site. Not remotely the same thing. When you break into SIPRNET, then you can claim you've hacked the DoD. This is just sad.

Anonymous is a bunch of script kiddies that knows basically nothing beyond the simplest vulnerabilities in web pages. All they've ever done is find websites that should have been more secure. Not a damn thing they've ever done would be considered impressive, from a hacking standpoint.

Never seen a less talented and more egotistical group of "hackers" in my life. I've found SQL injection vulnerabilities totally by accident, and I'm guessing most people reading this have too. Ever entered a ' or " into a web page and gotten an error? That's an SQL injection vulnerability. All Anonymous does is use automated tools to probe sites for shit like that.

Yeah, not hacking. Well, maybe in the same way that paint by numbers is art.

Status
Not open for further replies.