Nintendo Finally Announces Official Wii Cut Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
hmm lets see....
$199 console w/1 controller and a library of 85% crap games with most of the good games requiring additional purchase of so called "accessory" to really enjoy game that ranges anywhere from $20 - $50
So in order to enjoy the few games I would actually be interested in I would need to immediately sink in another $75-100 in accessories (not counting games)

Or

Laugh at suckers who actually think Wii is cheap

I think Ill do the latter.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
If they release a Black one at $199 with a free game, Wii Sports would be cool, I will get one. I am a PC gamer (Can't Wait for Dragon Age) and the Wii is totally different. Makes for some nice casual gaming. Bowling could be fun too. There is that Star Wars one and you swing light Sabers too.

valcron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
While i agree with your sentiment and yes sadly i am a Wii owner. Its still better than the PS3! *ZING*. At least the Wii has 15% decent games.

I give you permission to down vote me now.

G

The price drop was perfect timing. The other consoles did theirs first, but Nintendo still has the cheapest one on the market. The install base is still huge and the timing with New Super Mario Bros. this fall is all great marketing. They're keeping up the pressure with online promotions like this one, check the link for info, and that's what is going to give them the edge over their competitors!

http://www.gamesncs.com/rd_p?p=192108&t=9528&a=13190-wii&gift=3679

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]valcron[/nom]While i agree with your sentiment and yes sadly i am a Wii owner. Its still better than the PS3! *ZING*. At least the Wii has 15% decent games.I give you permission to down vote me now.[/citation]

at least with those system's you don't have to send it in for warrenty work every 2 months *ZING*

underapew

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
If you have the money get all 3 consoles - if ya only have $200, get a refurbed 360 - most bang 4 your buck.

My thoughts

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
with the ps3 and 360's as cheap as they are, there really is no need to get a wii. unless shakin' controllers is your thing.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Hmm topic needs to add the word "Price" in, I thought this article was going to be about their upcoming console. Too bad though, the wii is kind of crap. Hoping they'll come out with something better.

G

They should've added a wii motion plus and a copy of Wii sport resort game and in the meantime drop the price to $199.00. Now, this will be a real deal.

kamar6

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
I prefer PC games to console, however my wife "needs" rock band beatles. Since they don't make it for PC I guess the Wii is the way to go. Sure the PS3 and Xbox are more powerful, but for just one game.......I'm going with the least expensive!

antacid

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Yeah, the wii is more expensive in the end, and it has inferior hardware compared to its competitors. However, I have to admit that it's a hell of a lot of fun.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
*sigh*

nintendo has a machine guns held to the heads of the competition

sony is the only threat to them, simply because the 360 is not as appealing to anyone outside of europe/usa...and it doesn't nearly have as many features as the ps3

..i think i might just pick up a hd 5870, screw consoles. x38 maximus formula se=best investment ive ever made

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]bdcrlsn[/nom]Anyone else think that they're explanation is a bunch of hooey?[/citation]

85%?

more like 99.999%

199 for that garbage? no thx

I feel stupid for buying a Wii 2 yrs ago. Its been sitting there collecting dust. why? cuz all its games were GARBAGE.

thank you.

oh yes let me flip my PS3 on and play some SF4. That pathetic Wii will NEVER be able to handle. Gamecube Re-badge ROFL.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
Nintendo, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish. But Sony PS3 had one of the best price cut of ALL time, of ALL TIME !

Status
Not open for further replies.