Nintendo Goes Big on 3D, Announces 3DS XL Priced at $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bet the CPP peripheral for the regular 3DS will be incompatible with the XL model, as well. Also, what's up with the different colors for each region? Seems stupidly unnecessary.

chumich1

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
[citation][nom]berval[/nom]No second circle pad?[/citation]
It's like the PSP all over again! (at least they have the peripheral)

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Seriously, whos going to buy this waste of money?
Firstly, Theres no second circle pad as every controller should since 1997
Secondly, the design is just piss poor boring and blocky
Thirdly, any screen larger than the original 3ds with the same resolution just results in bigger pixels with same resolution? Good luck BAHAHAHAH

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
For 50 bucks more I can get a PS Vita.

I don't like the style of the DS, and at that size, I see more value in better control surfaces then in 3D. Plus I got to play with the Vita's augmented reality setup... that was cool 0.o

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This is sort of depressing to me as I was holding out for a updated 3DS. I was so certain it was going to include the second analog stick. While I have no complaints about the bigger screen I would have gladly sacrificed some of that size increase for a second analog. From the looks of the new one that sacrifice may not even be needed as there appears to be room.

Now they will have to come out with a new version of the accessory which will make this thing larger beyond reason while still requiring a battery for the accessory itself. Looks like I am going to be waiting and seeing if they make another version of the 3DS.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
They will probably integrate the CPP into a 3rd revision down the line so as not to further upset anyone who bought a 1st gen 3DS. While I would have hoped for it to be integrated into the 3DS XL, screen size was the main reason I was holding out on getting one. I had a DSi XL, and it was really nice compared to the regular DSi. Kinda wish I wouldnt have sold it.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]They will probably integrate the CPP into a 3rd revision down the line so as not to further upset anyone who bought a 1st gen 3DS. While I would have hoped for it to be integrated into the 3DS XL, screen size was the main reason I was holding out on getting one. I had a DSi XL, and it was really nice compared to the regular DSi. Kinda wish I wouldnt have sold it.[/citation]

I do hope you are right still this means I have quite sometime till I finally replace my DS lite.
If the Vita had a better library of games I would jump ship to Sony but alas this generation of handhelds has been a disappointment thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.