Nintendo iOS Apps: Why You Shouldn't Be Excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Time for Nintendo to give up on consoles. Just like Sega did and make games for other consoles, PC's and smart phones. I am sure they would still continue with the hand held line of hardware.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

You say this when the Wii outsold the 360 and PS3 through its run?

Nintendo has always targeted kids, not adults.

I couldn't care less about iOS games. I don't have nor will I ever have a iOS device. PC for games, Android (for now might change to WP8 next). For phone.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
if they made content for all phones from a purely marketing stand point it could work to their benefit... giving them a taste of what they can get when they buy a Nintendo console or handheld.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The Wii sales have long dried up... it sold a lot of cheaper outdated consoles... in which most 3rd party devs didn't make much money. The WiiU is 360 class tech at a high price... and its sales are tanking. Nintendo needs to pivot to a software only company rather than console... maybe keep the mobile for a while longer.

coolitic

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I first saw this and thought, "multi-platform? METROID ON PC!!!!"

Then I realized, these are only small titles. However, baby steps first right?

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Lame,
Make all your big sellers available on all mobile platforms just make a lite version if you must. Did they not notice 100s of millions of Angry Birds apps sold?
We sold 10 million units yup yup yup, be wary wary quiet theres a wrabbit around here.
You want to make hardware get into the add-on controller market, clip on, BT, or wired, just get with the program.
They blew it with the poor messaging on just what a WiiU was, and just stood like a deer in the headlights when it wasn't selling. Sad because it was a good next step in the Wii evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.