Nintendo Lowering 3DS AC Adapter Prices in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]gilgamex[/nom]No AC adapter? What the hell is this cheap ass move?[/citation]I wonder that myself.. Why a handheld game wouldn't include an AC adapter? To save $5?

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]gilgamex[/nom]No AC adapter? What the hell is this cheap ass move?[/citation]
Reminds me of printers not including a USB port

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Reminds me of printers not including a USB port[/citation]

Do you mean cable, or port? Id it doesn't have a cable, then it's like the situation in the article and your comment makes sense. If you meant port, then chances are that the printer had a parallel, serial, firewire, or some other sort of port and if not, then it's probably a wireless printer of some sort.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]gilgamex[/nom]No AC adapter? What the hell is this cheap ass move?[/citation]

All phones in Japan until at least 2011 did not come with AC chargers either. This is because they used a universal charging port across all phones on all carriers (except iPhone) and you could pick a charger up for $1.5 at any store. Also, most consumers had chargers already since the standard had been in place for half a decade or more, so including AC chargers with each phone would have been a waste.

The 3DS LL may be in the same situation, though I'm not certain on this one.

G

HEY NINTENDO. stop changing the charging port every 2 models. find a standardized port and stick with it.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
That's from $19 down to about $12 for those of you who are wondering what the exchange rate is.
Great article by a lazy researcher... /sarcasm

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]All phones in Japan until at least 2011 did not come with AC chargers either. This is because they used a universal charging port across all phones on all carriers (except iPhone) and you could pick a charger up for $1.5 at any store. Also, most consumers had chargers already since the standard had been in place for half a decade or more, so including AC chargers with each phone would have been a waste.The 3DS LL may be in the same situation, though I'm not certain on this one.[/citation]

And better for the environment not having landfills full of old chargers leaking god knows what kind of stuff into the groundwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.