Nintendo: New, Big DSi Coming Next Month

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Its odd how Nintendo keeps on making the same devices ( performance, characteristic wise for the consumer ) and yet they sell so much. I have barely bought anything Nintendo since they decided to keep low profile with the hardcore gamer ( even though i still like and respect Nintendo ) and Im bored of just seeing all the remakes. Why is it so hard for them to make something new and they look so scared of moving on? They have the biggest security as in fans ( good natured and not like Sony's ones that will shoot you if you talk shit about their PS2/3 etc ) and they would eitherway make money from big sales and ppl do trust them cause indeed they havent ever let anyone down. Anyhow, its way better than Sony's move to make the PSPGo which has failed already I guess..

G

I'm sure there are many people with bad eyesight that would appreciate such a console, but that's not to say nintendo's goal is anything more than to rehash the same console and make money.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Yang[/nom]their games already look crap and pixelated, making the screen 4 inches without increasing the hardware performance will definitly make their games look even more crappier than they are now[/citation]
If it looks pixelated push back less pixel density with a larger screen means you push it futher away from you to produce the same picture games are more then just graphics T_T spoiled people never played anything on the nes or snes hell ds games most of them aren't even sprites if you want to talk about crappy quality they are 3d models hell you act like you never owned a gameboy color or something. Like pokemon was a shitty game on a shitty console because it doesn't perform to your expectations.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
all these comments badmouthing the unit. then dont buy it plain and simple. i personally will own one, i like the bigger screen. ive seen one in action and as for looking pixelated, wrong, it looks no better or worse then previous incarnations. though ive heard it has a better battery, though nintendo systems have always been decent on battery life. enjoy kids

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]Good, then the DSi and DS and DSLite prices will all go down. Yay.Also the name should be XL, not LL. What does LL stand for...?[/citation]

Livin' Large? Last Legs?

G

@VioMeTrix

The reason why people are bad-mouthing the unit is because it's blatantly obvious why it exists. It doesn't push any developements, nintendo is just trying to compete with iphone, because it's cut into their market share. Why buy a crappy nintendo game for $15 when you could get a crappy ipod/phone game for .99 cents. That market is where nintendo 'excells' offering a cheap thrill to people with ADD.

What I hate is that companies (aka, Sony) release this hardware, or a product that they expect will make them buttloads of money because they think it's awesome, yet tanks because some people see right through their crappy rehash, or can't even play their library of games pushed down their throat (pspgo..), and then turn arouns and blame it on 'pirates' and that due to piracy they will need more DRM, and then the news writes an article and the sheeple reading it thinks pirating is a much larger concern than they thought, and vote in favor of more anti-piracy laws. It's a whole vicious cycle, perpetuated by some lazy CEO, PR person, etc just trying to make quick cash on old tech.

ryanegeiger

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I'm actually happy they're doing it. My mom has wanted one for a long time but can't see the screen without her glasses. Now I can get her Brain Age and Professor Layton (two games shes been dying to play) and she can enjoy them. This was Nintendo realizing their customer target for the DS with DS cookbooks and such is in the age bracket that needs their reading glasses and who's hands might be hurt by holding a tiny stylus.

Status
Not open for further replies.