Nintendo Responds to New Wii U Console Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
@Hairy: Most likely. I'm now tempted to nab one, especially at the £150 price point. Since the PS1 (My first console), I've not bought a console that can't play backups; UK law actually states that the ability to use a backed up piece of software is a requirement of hardware devices. Now that the WiiU can play backups...

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Sweet...I might even consider buying it now. I dont get why they fight against it so much. There are so many people like me who would only buy the system if it can be jailbroken.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
problem they could face is piracy of games
selling consoles isnt where the money is at, its how many games people buy for that console
attach rate
xbox 360 won the console are of this current gen cus they had the highest attach rate

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Wa? people are going to steal all of Nintendo's games for the Wii U .... all 8 of them! oh NOES!
My Wii U is nothing more than a Netflix paperweight that my 3 year old daughter uses to watch Dora, Nintendo let me down HUGE!

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
All of a sudden the Wii U sounds like a worthwhile system!
Hacked instantly, just like the Sega Dreamcast!
"The current game line up isn't even worth pirating so why waste money on the Wii U console itself?"
-Yeah, maybe the new Mario game but other than that, there's nothing worth playing on that system

kin3000

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
@nino_z
Console makers fight against piracy so much because they usually sell their consoles at a loss in hopes of recuperating the cost through the sales of software (games). Though I'm not sure if that has been the case for Nintendo, but Microsoft and Sony have been selling their consoles at a loss for years.

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
@majincry
what bit of the uk law says this?
because if that's true Microsoft sony and Nintendo are breaking the law (I cannot play backed up copies of my ps2 games on my ps2 or the same for my xbox360)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
@kin3000
nintendo never sold a system at a loss, microsoft and sony have, at least in the start of each era (and microsoft with xbox 1 was just to get a foot in the door)

Status
Not open for further replies.