Nintendo Sees Red for 25th Anniversary Consoles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]A clear one would be cool IMO[/citation]
True, a lot of clear consoles have been made... But that'd be kind of hard for the Wii, given its tiny size necessitates the main outter casing be made of metal rather than plastic.

[citation][nom]braneman[/nom]I wish they would release a "new super mario bro's" based on the third one, the first one is classic and all but not as good as super mario bro's 3.[/citation]
Well, that's not ENTIRELY fair, since the bar they set for 3 they've pretty much failed to ever pass. I will never forget the angry sun. Or giant world. Or sky world... Etc. Seriously, were they on drugs when they came up with the worlds? They were just too creative.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
had this included the Super Mario All Stars "re-re-release" that Japan got... I might have purchased. Instead we get the same retail games as we've always had. Oh well.

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]nottheking[/nom]True, a lot of clear consoles have been made... But that'd be kind of hard for the Wii, given its tiny size necessitates the main outter casing be made of metal rather than plastic. Well, that's not ENTIRELY fair, since the bar they set for 3 they've pretty much failed to ever pass. I will never forget the angry sun. Or giant world. Or sky world... Etc. Seriously, were they on drugs when they came up with the worlds? They were just too creative.[/citation]

Here's a clear case for the DIY'er.

http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=17122

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]siliconchampion[/nom]Well, you know why they could never make a transparent gamecube, right? 'Cause everyone would see that it just runs on hopes and dreams.[/citation]
Since when are Game Cube jokes relevant anymore? Or, for that matter, Game Cubes?

Though as for the inner workings... They were perhaps the most pain to program, as if you went lazy in your programming, you couldn't extract as much power as you could from a PS2, let alone an Xbox. But if you painstakingly managed the resources, (especially texture memory) you could get the Game Cube to duke it out with the Xbox on LARGELY equal terms, getting around 2+ times the graphical memory bandwidth- Though memory SUPPLY was still an issue.

The same still holds true for the Wii; yes, you CAN get (non-HD) graphics to compare to the PS3 and 360, but it requires a level of effort only seen exerted for The Conduit and Monster Hunter 3. And of course, the RAM supply makes for very frequent load screens.

[citation][nom]guitarpeggio[/nom]Here's a clear case for the DIY'er.http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=17122[/citation]
Color me (er, transparify me?) impressed. That does look snazzy. Though I will still note, as I can see by comparing pics, that the clear plastic casing is slightly bulkier than the normal metal one. Still cool-looking.

Now all we need is a gold-plated Wii. Oh wait, someone already did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.