News Nintendo Switch 2 could be disappointingly underpowered — here’s what we know

throughfire

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
Okay, I know we are all really excited about the Switch 2 and all, but what is the point of this article? Are you really going to complain that the Switch 2 won't be on par with a Series S and/or other non-mobile consoles? If you were expecting it to be a powerhouse, you don't know enough about Nintendo to be writing about them. A better comparison would be to the Steam Deck. How does its power compare to that? Much more reasonable. Or just tell us about the rumored specs without complaining that it's not going to be as powerful as devices that it's not designed to beat anyway.

Reactions: yonisanu
Jan 22, 2024
Okay, I know we are all really excited about the Switch 2 and all, but what is the point of this article? Are you really going to complain that the Switch 2 won't be on par with a Series S and/or other non-mobile consoles? If you were expecting it to be a powerhouse, you don't know enough about Nintendo to be writing about them. A better comparison would be to the Steam Deck. How does its power compare to that? Much more reasonable. Or just tell us about the rumored specs without complaining that it's not going to be as powerful as devices that it's not designed to beat anyway.
It's amazing how people still don't understand Nintendo but then it took me until well into the life of the PS3 before I realised why the Wii was so awesome.

As long as their first party games are catered for and look good as always (with gameplay first and foremost), local multiplayer (at least 4) runs smoothly, and also portability now seems to be a constant, what more do Nintendo fans need.

Third party triple A's take a back seat and Nintendo are in a strong position to actually promote smarter programming for heavy games, while keeping it all in a nice tidy package - fun for all ages!

Oh and the patents for the dual screen would make a lot of sense, focus the power on getting it fanless and multi functional for DS and Wii U asymmetry - monetise all legacy content! 🤙

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 23, 2024
i'm no journalist but the article should at least have the rumored specs organized vertically.

also imo, these should be in the article:
- comparison with the last gen switch OLED specs
- comparison with steamdeck OLED specs
- comparison with ASUS Rog Ally Z1 and Z1 extreme specs
- comparison with Lenovo Legion GO specs

then the docked performance then could be compared with a PS4.

you should then guess the starting price of the console and set a ceiling of what you think is too high to buy at launch.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023
This is painfully hardware illiterate.

First off, the actual person doing this from the article in the Tiawanese Economic Forums was a financial analyst, speculating, when put on the spot based on trying to recall information they saw online (which would be the lapsu$ ransom attack info, which they butchered) as stated in the actual article this information comes from.

Second off, the cortex a78ae is a specialized safety processor that runs all of its calculations twice to double check them. It can not be used for a video game system. Because duh.

We know what the cpu is thanks to Nvidia employees making commits to the initialization calls in a public Linux archive they thought no one paid attention to.

I would state it again, but I'm done providing information to useless media outlets who will just butcher it and somehow turn it into misinformation.