Nintendo: There is No Wii HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Well this isn't unexpected. Why would they release a new system when they are still making a fortune on their old one?

G

I agree jednx01. When something is making you a gazillion dollars, don't f**k with it!

G

According to The NPD Group (via Wired), Nintendo moved 3.81 million Wii consoles in North America last month. That's 1.66 million more units than December 2008, and the record for most consoles sold in a single month.

G

Sure there is no Wii HD! Can you find one?
And if there will be one, it might not be named Wii-HD.

And technically it will not be coming because it does not have any legs!
In that he did not lie.
You need to be careful with those people, they carefully select their words,and leave it upto you on how you perceive them!

He probably forgot to mention Nintendo is working on a HD version of the Wii, but those are just but words in between the lines.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
If they launched an HD Wii who would buy it? Honestly, a $300-400 Wii? First off all the current titles wouldn't show any benefit, then they'd have to figure out how to get new titles to work for both systems.

Nintendo is better off spending their R&D money on the successor to the Wii, its not like people aren't buying the standard def version.

buddhav1

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
okay. High definition is awesome for movies. and for a lot of the more hardcore console games. but for the people that seem to think that this is nintendo snubbing customers, let me ask you something.

besides families looking for a simple console to play, what demographic does the Wii succeed in sales to?

FANBOYS.

and fanboys are by and large into series from older consoles and handhelds, such as the Legend of Zelda games, Mario, Pokemon, and so on and so forth.

these games don't need to have HD to be good. not every single game has to be 1080p for it to be fun. Console gamers have not only become more like PC gamers in the hardware, but they've also attempted to adopt that "high end" mentality that PC Gamers have had for years. which is fine, because i love to see more people care about performance. BUT. do not sit there and tell me that Mario sucks without HD. because i played mario on a freaking Game Boy, and i thought it was the sweetest thing ever.

the nintendo wii has more than adequate graphical power for the games that are produced for it. complaining about a lack of HD is pointless, because i'd take a fun Wii game over a ridiculously detailed boring 360 or PS3 game.

now if you'll excuse me. Gears 2 is calling.

nukem950

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Dear Nintendo,
You are making a terrible move. You are limiting the audience of whom you will reach with your products. If there was a wii:hd or similar product, you would be able to stimulate your sales.
It seems that you have become complacent in your innovations and therefore are not looking to improve the consumer's experience. It would be wise to change this practice or else you shall have issues with the other game systems taking much of market share seeing that they a creating WII-like abilities.

Best Wishes,
Avid Nintendo fan

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Stupid people, they will fall behind when x360 and ps3 come with their magic wands. Stupid people.[/citation]

fall behind? according to you and other people they were already behind when you found out the system does not have the same graphics and controles as the other 2. Nintendo already enhanced there motion controls months ago so they may already be better when natal or sony's motion controls come out

Personally i don't beleve the wii's graphics would be enhanced that mucgh with HD anyway.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]invlem[/nom]If they launched an HD Wii who would buy it? Honestly, a $300-400 Wii? First off all the current titles wouldn't show any benefit, then they'd have to figure out how to get new titles to work for both systems. Nintendo is better off spending their R&D money on the successor to the Wii, its not like people aren't buying the standard def version.[/citation]They wouldn't? I know an article on Tom's sites an emulated Wii playing the Mario Bros. in an HD format. Looks great too! I most certainly would anty-up and of the games available on the Wii.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
cost benefit analysis.
if you have sold 4 million copies of your product and reproduce the same product with 1 new feature how many of the 4 million would spend $300 to $400 on the new system. Then how many people without Wii's would spend that much cash for a new Wii, or would they buy an existing Wii for $200.
Nintendo's business model has worked for them so far. low cost = higher sales (compared to MS and Sony)

Status
Not open for further replies.