Nintendo: Why You Should Be Excited Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
*FIZZLE* Nintendo is the new Sega who was the new Atari #RIP Nintendo. As a hardware company Nintendo is finished software company who knows.

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
*FIZZLE* Nintendo is the new Sega who was the new Atari #RIP Nintendo. As a hardware company Nintendo is finished software company who knows.

uh... yeah... no... Nintendo are not going to suddenly drop out of the console market
they currently have the only console worth buying (if you have a decent PC)

darkside_gamer7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Much as I would love for Nintendo to relive its glory days (Pre Wii that is), I am still on the skeptical side. We will see I suppose.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
At least their announcements aren't Halo, COD, Battlefield, yet another generic shooter with better textures, yet another generic shooter with better textures. I still have my doubts about Nintendo but it wouldn't be the first time they pulled a hat trick.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
I didn't see anything any more innovative on Nintendo's side than some of the indie games from the other two companies. They're still bringing out the next Mario, Yoshi, SSM, and Zelda, although no complaints on a sequel like that last one.

andune

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Am I the only one totally pumped for Yoshi's Wooly World? Maybe it's just nostalgia, but Yoshi's Story was a favorite of mine years ago. I picked it up on VC recently and was sorely reminded how much better I was at gaming as a teenager vs now, but still loads of fun. I could play xbox or ps shooters on a PC with better graphics and controls, if that interested me. Nintendo has surely been late to the game with interesting titles this generation, but they definitely look promising.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
First of all, Nintendo RIP? What a joke. 3DS handheld and 3DS games alone could keep the company afloat until the next generation with zero problems lol. Say nothing about the flood of people who are going to buy a Wii U when Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and the new Zelda title are available.

Between those titles, the newly released and simply amazing Mario Kart 8, and future titles like Metroid Prime Wii U and more, there's no reason to buy any other console. Wii U sales have sucked up until now, but that's because they lacked killer games to sell the console. Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart are going to sell truck loads of Wii Us.

What does sony or microsoft have? 1 or 2 semi-decent exclusives each and a bunch of titles that are better played on PC anyway? Pff pff pff lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.