Nintendogs Blamed in Attack on Girl by Real Dog

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
It really doesn't matter what breed it is or what the kid might have done. It attacked a child. Kill it.

And if it was your dog, you won't come after me with your AR. You will weep and bury it, or more likely, be informed of its incineration. No one will pity your loss, and you will be regarded as a monster for not killing it earlier.

The amount of animal rights weepy sympathy in this thread is pathetic, especially for a dog that attacked a child. You people should be ashamed.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]Article doesn't mention the breed of dog. I bet it was yet another attack by a pit bull terrier - seems that once or twice a year (in Britain) one of these illegal breeds goes berserk for no apparent reason and kills or maims its owners' family. There is a reason these breeds were banned.[/citation]

No such thing as a vicious dog, only a poorly trained one. Dogs that hear barking and get anxious are dogs that were not properly socialized around other dogs and are unsure of themselves. Even the renowned pit bull can be one of the sweetest and loving dogs when they're trained correctly.
Even so, the dog would have had to have been extremely frightened to attack the girl, so I'd be more inclined to believe the dog had been kicked, especially since it attacked her -face- and not the -hand- where the strange barking would have come from. Also note the story states that the girl's story included the dog dragging her off the couch by her foot. Sounds to me like her foot was in that dog's face right before she was "attacked"

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
So they have never watched a tv show where a dog barks? Hopefully dsiney keeps the shaggy dog in the vault forever, think about the kids.

Avariche

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
"flachet :

Any dog biting my child is going to catch a bullet, the owner stands a good chance of some of the same. If you can't teach your dog control or can't control it, then don't own it.

Touch my animal and the last thing you will see is the business end of my AR, or a very bright flashlight if its dark."

Ok, so now it's a game of back and forth? IF the child was hurt by the dog, then something has to be done. The owner will get a court order to put the dog down, elsewise, PETA will be all over him. I agree with the statement about if an animal attacks my child. If my child warranted it, then I would not pursue the putting down of the animal. If the animal attacked for no reason, then it needs to be put down.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]Is that a picture of her holding a dog treat in her mouth AS WE SPEAK??? Cause that's a good way to get a dog to want to bite your face.[/citation]

NOOOO, that is her LIP where they reattached it. Way to read the article there, Skippy.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
incomplete story, needs more imput. unabler to ascertainanything other then little girl attacked by dog for unknown reasons.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]pozaks[/nom]It really doesn't matter what breed it is or what the kid might have done. It attacked a child. Kill it.And if it was your dog, you won't come after me with your AR. You will weep and bury it, or more likely, be informed of its incineration. No one will pity your loss, and you will be regarded as a monster for not killing it earlier.The amount of animal rights weepy sympathy in this thread is pathetic, especially for a dog that attacked a child. You people should be ashamed.[/citation]

Are you dumb? my dog lives within my house... So you need to enter the said house to do harm to him, therefore I will be more than happy to drop you on the spot.

So keep playing the tough guy, if your child abused a dog and got bitten you wouldn't do sh1t but weeping about it to the pigs.

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
Blaming a video game for a dog attack? Seriously...if the dog attacked without provocation then the blame falls to the owners for having an aggressive dog that they didn't keep a better eye on. Otherwise I'd vote for the kid provoking the dog somehow...besides for some of the s**t I've seen kids do to dogs they deserve to get bit...

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
it's obviously not the games fault in this case , i've had countless stuffed animals that make noises , gmaes that have dogs barking on them , as well as awholemanner of other noise contraptiosn that sound liek barking , and otu of all teh dogs i've woned not oen ahs ever gotten violent or mad about it ,usually they just cock thier head and look at it (what ever makes the noise) curiously.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
There is nothing that should be warned about with this game. If this allegation is true, then the owner of the dog needs to get the dog some training and teach it that you do NOT attack a child or someone who is not attacking it.

Something reeks about the allegation.

To Renegade_Warrior: actually, Bull Mastiff's are NOT a dangerous breed of dog. In fact, they attack less than other dogs do, population # taken into account.
The only thing that is true is that they are more likely to do serious damage because of their physiology.

DavidHill76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Or maybe the girls fault if it turns out she kicked the dog?Fact is no-one knows the truth, but games are just an easy target for the mad-half of the world.[/citation]

Well, who are they gonna go after? A young girl for kicking a dog, or nintendo which has "infinitely deep pockets"

This is going to be one crazy lawsuit.

nexus9113

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
"I think this game should carry some kind of warning. … People should be told not to play it when there are dogs in the room. I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn’t been playing it I don’t think the dog would have gone for her."

With this logic there should also be a warning about when playing GTA in a public place you might get shot by some gangbanger because they thought they were getting shot at, or maybe that playing Halo might incite aliens to attack you in your home. Or maybe you shouldn't play those virtual baby games when you have a real baby because it might feel neglected and viciously gum your ankles.

Stupid people use stupid logic to justify their viewpoints on everything. Bet you $100 that this granny hates videogames for any and every unreasonable reason she can think of, now she just has more ammo "My grandchild was attacked by a dog because of videogames!" Next we'll hear "My child failed to eat, bathe, and do his schoolwork because of videogames, not because I'm a neglectful parent who takes absolutely no part in my child's life until social services show up at my door because somebody else called out of concern."

G

Hate to see what would happen if they turned on Animal planet?

G

The dog is dangerous.... It needs to be put down! ... simple... end of story... no excuses, your a terrible dog owner, and you should be put down you pathetic excuse for a human being! how dare you make excuses for your clearly savage and dangerous dog... you make me sick !

Status
Not open for further replies.