Nintendo's 3DS Ambassador Program is a Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
this is pretty stupid. Early adopters will still feel ripped off because there are almost no good games for the handheld console they bought. And they get 20 nes and gba games that noone cares about and can easily be pirated as most people do with nes and gba games. this is not worth the $90(?) drop after few months release.

coggsman

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Early adopters should expect to pay as much as they do. Why should Nintendo even give them anything back? Everyone knows gaming consoles drop in price over time. Maybe this one dropped earlier than expected, but it was still expected. Take the deal.

G

This is actually a great deal for early adopters. Nintendo could have done nothing to reimburse folks. As things stand, yesterday early adopters got a bunch of free games to mess around with: Metroid, Ice Climber, Super Mario Bros, and the original Zelda games are fun in short bursts. Looking forward to those 10 more GBA games.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I have to say that i'm not too impressed with the titles offered, but then again everybody has different tastes. These are nintendo's absolute classics, but how much does the original Donkey Kong hold up to todays RPGs and Strategy games? As Fred44 said, fun in short bursts.

As also stated, Early adopters can't complain at all, because this wasn't required on nintendo's part. They could have just been like "thanks for the money, guy who bought on release date."

Also to correct you, it should be Mario (Preferably Super Mario Bros.) COMMA yoshi, not Mario & Yoshi, implying it was one game, as that game does not exist.

Prince_Porter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Even still, Metroid and Zelda will last awhile, and I'm sure the GBA games will have a bit more depth to them, as most GBA games did.

G

I bought mine on the 11th so I got both the games and the reduced price. Not really impressed with the selection. I'm probably going to just return the damn thing and pick another one up around Christmas when I get get a better deal, better color, better package.

G

Nintendo didn't have to do anything for those that bought the 3DS right away but I think it's great that they did :)

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I bought mine on the 11th so I got both the games and the reduced price. Not really impressed with the selection. I'm probably going to just return the damn thing and pick another one up around Christmas when I get get a better deal, better color, better package.

Really, WTF..Nintendo did not have to do anything. Be happy you got it on sale and you got free games. What were you expecting on a Nintendo system Halo?

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]coggsman[/nom]Early adopters should expect to pay as much as they do. Why should Nintendo even give them anything back? Everyone knows gaming consoles drop in price over time. Maybe this one dropped earlier than expected, but it was still expected. Take the deal.[/citation]

Because it had poor sales at launch which. Gaming consoles normally sell well at launch and that's the diff. the 3DS wasn't selling at tis price range. so Nintendo had to drop the price to make it more attractive.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
In my opinion the early adopters should be buying it fully aware of any shortfalls that may result in a day/week/month/year's time. Thus IMO Nintendo didn't have to do anything.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
This is an interesting reimbursement. Of course, I'd imagine that the early-adopters likely already HAD a number of those very games on their Virtual Console, which may have limited their usefulness. (don't recall if they'd been available on the DSi before, though)

What might *really* turn heads is if Nintendo decided to later offer the whole bundle of 20 games for the same $90US that the price drop was. Bundles seem to be popular on Steam, *coughOrangeBoxcough* so why not?

[citation][nom]junixophobia[/nom]Halo on 3DS, that's funny LOL![/citation]
Well, there *had* supposedly been plans to put Halo on the ORIGINAL DS, but they didn't pan out.

I myself wouldn't mind seeing a port. The little thing is more than potent enough; the hardware vastly out-strips the Xbox, and even bests the Wii. (which, granted, is not much beyond the Xbox) Once you account for the differences in rendered resolution, the 3DS can roughly compare to the details on the 360 or PS3.

capt_taco

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Why would you have bought the 3DS before the price cut anyway? There were no 3D games for it. You basically had two fighting games, a few remakes of games that are 10 years old, and a bunch of stuff that didn't work. I'm still waiting for the good stuff to come out.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]capt_taco[/nom]Why would you have bought the 3DS before the price cut anyway? There were no 3D games for it. You basically had two fighting games, a few remakes of games that are 10 years old, and a bunch of stuff that didn't work. I'm still waiting for the good stuff to come out.[/citation]
That pre-packaged Face Raiders game? I dunno, actually, you'd have to ask the (pretty small) number of people who DID buy one. Perhaps there was a good reason not many bought it before the price cut, after all...

G

well i bought a 3ds on the realease date and i was not really happy with the games at launch but im satisfied and im hppy that they gave us people the ambassador program
so im very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.