Nintendo's Satoru Iwata: iPad Has "No Surprises"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
1024x768 Resolution on a 12 inch devise is awsome and i would consider it HD. The differance between
that and 1080P on that size screen would be marginal. The quality lost VS. the price adjustment is well
worth it. Were not talking about a 55 inch Widescreen TV, were talking 12 inch screen size, it's going to
be awsome.

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]1024x768 Resolution on a 12 inch devise is awsome and i would consider it HD. The differance betweenthat and 1080P on that size screen would be marginal. The quality lost VS. the price adjustment is wellworth it. Were not talking about a 55 inch Widescreen TV, were talking 12 inch screen size, it's going tobe awsome.[/citation]

But where is the price adjustment going? I could find a 12in LCD TV at 720p for less than 100$ 5x times less than the ipad, granted the smaller tech of the ipad is going to drive up the cost, but if we are talking solely screen resolution, a small tv is the better option.

So what else do you gain for a product that offers less options than the current ipod touches/phones? Let me see you put that in your back pocket for mobility, Trying hooking up your headphones and go running.
You could buy a netbook or small laptop for less than an ipad and get more use out of it, so far current ipod touch/phone users have no reason aside from fanboyism to make the switch.
Okay ebooks are going to come up too. Great, its a shame that the B&N nook, and Amazon kindle are still around 200$ less than the iPad, and I'll tell you right now Hi-def book reading isn't going to change the experiance.

Ultimatly I don't think at 500$ a 16GB HDD, 12in device, with a 9.5in screen is worth it because of its resolution. Especially when cheaper 12in screen, 160GB HDD netbooks offer everything(minus touchscreen), an iPad will at much less the price.

radguy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Pee-wee got one thing wrong an iphone os will let you listen to music and surf google maps at the same time just like the commercials with at&t you can make a call and surf the internet at the same time.
The ipad is just a large ipod touch with a very expensive screen which they make you pay for. I bet that alone add $150 to the price. The only thing that really bothers me about it is how apple and jobs keep talking about it’s a magical and revolutionary device. Apple is the only company that can just plain lie and get away with it.

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]WII should be Wii, lol. WII = World War 2.Anyways, you do make a valid point.[/citation]

Here I thought WWII = World War 2

pythy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
If Apple went into the vacuum cleaner business, then their product names would finally reflect the nature of their products accurately:

iSuck

Status
Not open for further replies.