Nintendo's Wii Scores Best Black Friday Ever

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]SirGCal[/nom]And if you think your games are un-copyable; you're truly morons... One of my neighbors had hundreds of ripped 360 games until I told his parents what he was actually doing (they were clueless about it being illegal, they thought he was buying them). It's cake to flash a $10 DVD player to read console disks (and no, I won't give the details, so don't ask. I do not support piracy...).[/citation]
Dude you snitched on your neighbor? Why would you do that, why not keep your nose out of their business and just shut up.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]First the Xbox, now Wii...soon we'll see Sony say PS3 had its best ever day too.[/citation]
I would be surprised if it wasn't the best for it. As I mentioned prior, most reports suggested that retail-wise, it was simply the "busiest Black Friday in history." Of course, having it really begin on Thanksgiving day (well, midnight, or in some cases, actually as early as 10PM) might've helped, in spite of all the grumbling there was aired beforehand. (read: people complained, still went anyway)

[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]From the 360 article:"Of those 960,000 consoles, 800,000 were sold within a period of 24 hours."funny coincidence huh[/citation]
Well, it WAS Black Friday. 160k for the rest of the week isn't that atypical; a bit lower than average, but understandable given that many stores were closed for at least PART of Thanksgiving Day, many people were traveling during the week rather than shopping, and those that could've been shopping would, naturally, be willing to wait "just a few more days" to get a steep discount on Friday.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]Good grief, that response was longer than the article.[/citation]
...And do you really think we needed you to give us a complete copy of their response just so you could give a two-line comment? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.