Question No 3.5 jack to connect In-ear Headphones - TV LG 43UK6400

jcdole

Estimable
Feb 14, 2019
Hello.
I bought this TV 3 weeks ago and did not realize that either my LG TV neither my SONY home theater bdv-500 have a 3.5 jack.
It seems that you cannot use Bluetooth products that are not LG products. Some products worked others not .
It seems, but I may wrong, that you could not use HDMI ARC connection if you use the digital sound output. In this condition, the sound is redirect to the TV speakers and not to the home theater via the HDMI ARC connection.
Presently the TV is connected via the HDMI IN RAC to the home theater @HDMI OUT ARC
I am guessing that I can insert some HDMI extractor with or without Bluetooth capability like (from amazon.com):
ESYNiC 4K x 2K Extracteur Audio HDMI​
Nolan TRX HDM Bluetooth Wireless Home HD MultiLinks​
HDMI to HDMI + Optical Toslink SPDIF + 3.5mm AUX Stereo Audio Out​
I am open to any solution, with or without additional equipments.

Any help is welcome.

You have to have ARC in both the TV and HTS and I don't think you the HTS supports it. No problem.
TV most likely has an optical audio output.
HTS has optical audio input.
Connect them with a toslink optical cable. You may have to turn the optical output on and the TV speakers off. Check the TV manual.
No loss of quality using optical rather than ARC.

jcdole

Estimable
Feb 14, 2019
Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Yes the home cinema has also an optical sound input but that does not solve the missing 3.5 jack problem , I must have a converter to connect my headset.
Secondly I plan to replace my headset with a bluetouth in-ear headset like Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 wireless or Sennheiser momentum in ear wireless. So it seems that I need a Bluetooth converter for two reasons :
  1. Because as far I understood the user guide which is not very clear, you cannot have bluetooth and other audio output ( but I may wrong )
  2. Most important, It seems that LG have it's own "Bluetooth" protocol and many product have difficulties to connect via bluetooth with non LG product.
Any comments are welcome.