No Audio after Mcafee was uninstalled.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I uninstalled Mcafee and selected remove all files. Then I restarted my computer and the sound was gone. Restarted it again and the sound appears but has a red x on it. I right click on it and it says no audio devices are installed. It was working perfectly fine before I uninstalled Mcafee. When I click on the white arrow and then go to customise it shows Mcafee and Malwarebytes has the option to change the notification or icon When I click on show icons and notifications it says that it is not currently available. Can I remove them from there? I uninstalled both of them what is going on?? Please help me get my sound back.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I'm not sure what motherboard I'm using and how can I check? I'm using some sort of HP Pavilion but I'm not sure what model how do I check that as well?

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I have audio drivers when I go to my control panel and go to the uninstall a program area but it says no audio devices installed when I go to playback devices.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but the realtek high definition audio driver is version 6.0.1.7358 and the one you linked is different. Should I install it then? but then i'd have 2 and do I need 2?

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from A Spicy Noodle : "No sound after uninstalling Mcafee"

Says no sound devices are installed in playback devices but there is Realtek high definition audio version 6.0.1.7358 in control panel uninstall area. How can I fix this?

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I downloaded the audio driver and followed the instructions but it still says no playback or recording devices.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
MERGED QUESTION
Question from A Spicy Noodle : "Turning on Multimedia Class Scheduler"

"Does turning on multimedia class scheduler and if it does is there any way to disable it and somehow still have sound?"
"Windows Audio" does have the "Multimedia Class Scheduler" dependency.
So, yes, it must be on to have audio in windows.

Why is it turned off anyway?
Are you confused about what it's for or suspecting an issue with it?

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from A Spicy Noodle : "Windows Audio in Local Services"

Sep 19, 2017

I had the same problem. This morning I uninstalled McAfee and Malwarebytes and lost sound, so I had to restore my computer to an earlier date, and now I have my sound back--as WELL as McAfee and Malwarebytes. Oh well!

Sep 19, 2017
I had the same problem. This morning I uninstalled Mcafee and Malwarebytes--and lost audio on my computer. So I had to restore my computer to an earlier date and got my sound back, as well as McAfee and Malwarebytes. I don't understand why uninstalling these cost me my sound, but I'm glad I have it back!