Solved! No Audio HDMI

Mar 31, 2018
I have tried EVERY online tutorial to try and get AUDIO on my TV when I connect with my HDMI cable. I get the picture, everything from my laptop displays but NO AUDIO. I really have tried every solution I can find online. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Solution
Have you tried going into "Control Panel" and then "Sound", clicked on the "Playback" tab and set the device to be the default for sound? As long as you set it to default while connected, it should then revert back to the laptops speakers when the other device is disconnected.
Have you tried going into "Control Panel" and then "Sound", clicked on the "Playback" tab and set the device to be the default for sound? As long as you set it to default while connected, it should then revert back to the laptops speakers when the other device is disconnected.

Solution
Mar 31, 2018
Thanks but as I said I have already done every procedure from every online tutorial on this topic, including a session with a live tech guru from Dell, who basically had me repeat steps that I had already done. The Default Set is the first thing I did. I have uninstalled, rolled back, checked that everything is operating [it is]. I can see the green bars moving on the volume graphic but there is no sound on the monitor. I have optimised all volume controls on both laptop and tv. I am at a loss. Windows troubleshooter says everything is working. The only comment they make is regarding my GENERIC TV?? I have tried every HDMI port [there are 3] I have reversed the cable. In short I have done everything available online over the past 2 days and still no audio on the monitor. So when I say I have tried ALL the obvious solutions, I am looking for the one I may have missed. Thanks for your suggestion though. S