No Audio Output Devices enables

Samantha Sawyer

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
I was trying to get my plantronics headphones to work but it kept defaulting to the Realtek computer speakers. I disabled them in hopes that would help, but now I have no playback devices enabled. Clicking on the speaker icon in the lower right-hand corner only brings up a troubleshooting page. Clicking playback devices only shows that no audio devices are installed. This is the case for both when I have headphones in the audio jack and when the headphone jack is empty. It's in the right jack (green). I've been able to find the audio jack device and system speakers by digging through the computer, but no enabling options come up when I right click or attempt to edit. This is a work computer and I need playback for meetings and also for music to fend off boredom. Please help. (NOTE: I don't have administration permission to unistall/reinstall drivers, but all appear to be up to date anyways)

Solution
I found the solution and will record it here in case anyone has the same problem. When the playback device window opens and shows that none are installed, right click anywhere in that box and select "view disabled devices". right click on an item to have the option of enabling it again.

Samantha Sawyer

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
I found the solution and will record it here in case anyone has the same problem. When the playback device window opens and shows that none are installed, right click anywhere in that box and select "view disabled devices". right click on an item to have the option of enabling it again.

Solution