No audio when connect HDMI from laptop to TV

Danishanon

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
I connect my laptop to tv through HDMI cable to play NBA 2k18 and video is good but why does the sound comes out from laptop but not from the TV?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 7
king-slim Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2
W Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 2
GreenEyedBiter Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question No Audio on my Dell XPS
Question NEW BUILD: only left side of headset with audio
Question My laptop audio doesn't work
Question Audio playback is too fast - Windows 10
How do I connect my new LG TV to my old Sony stereo? The TV has optical digital audio out and the stereo has RCA input.
i have a laptop to tv connected through hdmi which i get the audio fine . i then try to use the mini jack headphone output to
Audio/mic combo jack doesn't recognize earphones when connected.
how to get sound to play on jvc tv when i connect desktop with 3.5 mm audio jacks
No audio from my Sony TV when I connect MSI Laptop
Cant play audio through bluetooth speaker while laptops connected to tv with hdmi
My headphones only play audio through right ear when connected to PC.
When I connect an LG TV to my Lenovo B50-45 laptop via hdmi, I get audio through the tv speakers but the headphone jack on the
No Audio when connected from HP laptop to Vizio Smart TV. Video is still coming. Dont see any HDMI driver in Device Manager
laptop 3.5mm audio out damaged when connecting to amp and mixer?
Laptop is connected to Tv via hdmi, but laptop says it is hdmi-dvi and no video/audio
How do I connect my TV through video & audio ports to my Laptop through HDMI or USB Ports?
On connecting HDMI from the ASUS laptop (k52f) to a large screen,there is no audio..
On connecting HDMI from the ASUS laptop (k52f) to a large screen,there is no audio..
No Audio in TV connected to my TV!
I have my laptop connected to my HDTV via HDMI, I have the picture, but, NO Audio...???

ASK THE COMMUNITY