No bootable device, please restart system

quantum111

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
So I think I royally screwed up.

I have a Toshiba satellite laptop, and I changed a setting in the BIOS (forgot exactly what, but it was probably something related to boot), and now I cant do ANYTHING. No matter what I do, or whatever buttons I press, it just repeats "No bootable device, please restart system". I've even made a bootable Linux USB (Slitaz), and that hasn't resolved anything. It just says the same thing. Is there any solution to this? I'm currently downloading Windows 10 and plan on putting it on the USB to see if that helps.

Solution
Hi,

You might have changed the boot priority of your laptop by accident.
- Load BIOS again then go to boot tab.
- Under properties make sure that your HDD is set as the first boot device.
- Press F10 to save and exit.
- See if it would load normally into Windows after changing these settings.

If all these will not work here are more troubleshooting steps you can try.
- If your HDD is not being detected do try to reseat it from the laptop. Remove it for couple of seconds then put it back in making sure that it's seated properly.
- If your HDD is select is being detected and is set as the 1st boot device do install Windows using your Toshiba Recovery disc and that should solve the issue.
- If all these will not work do contact Toshiba...
Hi,

You might have changed the boot priority of your laptop by accident.
- Load BIOS again then go to boot tab.
- Under properties make sure that your HDD is set as the first boot device.
- Press F10 to save and exit.
- See if it would load normally into Windows after changing these settings.

If all these will not work here are more troubleshooting steps you can try.
- If your HDD is not being detected do try to reseat it from the laptop. Remove it for couple of seconds then put it back in making sure that it's seated properly.
- If your HDD is select is being detected and is set as the 1st boot device do install Windows using your Toshiba Recovery disc and that should solve the issue.
- If all these will not work do contact Toshiba if it's still under the factory warranty.

Solution