Question No connections available all of a sudden

Jun 10, 2021
Hi.
My Hp Pavilion (with Windows 10) turned off all of a sudden by itself (probably because of high CPU temperature) and when I turned it on I got the message "Not connected-No connections available".

I don't think that the problem is due to the router or the drivers as the PC was working perfectly and then turned it oof by itself, as I said before.

What I tried so far:
I clicked the Reset Network option and restarted the PC but the problem still persists.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

AlHuneke

Notable
Jul 7, 2020
Why do you think it turned off because of temp?
Do other devices on your home network still work OK?
Run the network troubleshooter. Click on Settings and type find and fix network problems into the setting search. Run the troubleshooter and tell us what it says.

Jun 10, 2021
Why do you think it turned off because of temp?
Do other devices on your home network still work OK?
Run the network troubleshooter. Click on Settings and type find and fix network problems into the setting search. Run the troubleshooter and tell us what it says.
Hi.
  1. Because the fan (very noisy) was on when the notebook turned off (38°degrees)
  2. Yes, the wifi is perfectly working on other devices. I am using it to write this message(from my mobile)
  3. I ran the troubleshooter. I got a useless message: check the Ethernet cable is property connected(or something like That. I don't remember exactly)
I also went to Device Manager, right-clicked in Network Adapter, scan for hardware changes.

No results

Anyway. I found this solution somewhere. Do You think it could work or it does not apply to the type of problem I am experiencing ?

go to
gpedit.msc - computer configuration - windows settings - security settings - local policies - security options

now find
system cryptography: use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption

double click & enable

Thanks for your time

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1