No display after removing LCD from laptop.

Alessandro_10

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
I really hope someone can help me, I wanted to replace my LCD but did not remove the battery as it's screwed in. (I know novice :(
I noticed that when I removed the LCD cable there was a slight spark, immediately I panicked and the machine would not turn back on, no LED's.

I removed the battery and discharged the laptop, again I know something I should have done from the start!

The laptop now spins up, display is completely white (similar issue which is why I wanted to replace it but I could turn it off and back on and it would come back to life).

Now I'm not sure if it was the graphics chip dying anyway and I've just killed it or something else? I know it could be anything including board damage but if someone can give me any tips on where to start I would greatly appreciate it. I also can't seem to get an external display.

I'm fairly good with computers, but being an idiot I rushed it (Hard lesson learned) so happy to try a few things.

Alessandro_10

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016

Hey, seems fine on an external screen (I haven't tried another LCD as I was just taking that one off to get the part number of the LCD first). It's a Toshiba Satellite L50-B.

I think it may be worth trying the LCD cable first?

I just had a fright to begin with as it would not work on an external display but it looks like its just because it kicks in part way through windows and it had windows updates to do so couldn't see anything until those were mostly done installing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
s1b1 Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 3
O Laptop Tech Support 2
rogue79 Laptop Tech Support 1
gabriel.nicolae313 Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 6
Truefate Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 1