no display, made a boneheaded mistake

shibbyd

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
So my laptop screen broke, and like all HP laptops the hinges were breaking, so i just took it off and was using an external monitor. I accidentally uninstalled my catalyst control center and now i cant get any display to come up. Does anyone know a way around this so that I can at least get my display back from the radeon video card to the integrated video card so that i can reinstall CCC?

notherdude

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
There may be a key sequence? I stole this quote from some site:

"The key sequence can vary depending on laptop; however, is often either: Fn + F3, F4, F5, F8, or F9. For example, pressing and holding Fn + F3 at the same time could switch between your laptop and external display. The function key will often be labeled as CRT/LCD or have a picture of a monitor on the key or close to the key. Unfortunately, the keys pressed to switch displays is dependent on the model and manufacturer of the laptop. If none of the above key sequences work, consult your laptop documentation or consult your laptop manufacturer."

Will this work without CCC? I do not know.

shibbyd

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
its a hp dv7 laptop with a radeon video card and an intel hd onboard video card. I cant remember the exact model at the moment and im not at home currently.