No game sound or Youtube through my headset

Charlie1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
I have a Logitech G930 and today for no reason, no sound came through CS:GO. I restarted the game, my computer and everything. But sound only comes from skype and nothing from CS:GO or Youtube. I have reinstalled the logitech gaming software multiple times with no help. I dont understand why only skype works and nothing else. However youtube and CS:GO do come through my speakers connected to my computer. I have windows 10

mEduzaLTu

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
Exact same issue, but with Ear Force Stealth 450, and now that I have found your topic, I think I know what's causing this issue. Windows 10 got an update, which messed something up with WIRELESS audio devices. I have this EXACT same issue, I can hear Windows sounds, and Skype sounds, NOTHING else. I go connect my headset to my laptop running Windows 7, everything works fine. It's Windows 10 that's causing this issue, but it only started yesterday or the day before because of some update. I will do a fresh install of Windows 7 now, will let you know if it solved the problem in couple hours.

Charlie1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

Okay that is much appreciated. Should i install windows 7 or should i wait for a update that will fix this issue. As reinstalling Windows would mean I have to download all my games again. Let me know how the re-install goes. :)

mEduzaLTu

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

Installed Windows 7, plugged in my Wireless dongle that the headset connects to, windows automatically picked it up as Ear Force Stealth 450 and started installing drivers, everything went fine, but after the driver installation the headset wasn't in the Audio Devices list, so I manually downloaded the drivers from the website and installed them, still nothing. Restarted the computer, nothing, no system sounds, no skype sounds, and the headset isn't in the Audio Devices list.

Then I found a solution. Don't know if it will also work for Windows 10, but this is a work-around I found to the problem on Windows 7. EVERY time you boot up your PC, hit F8 until a menu is presented to you with many different options, select an option that says something about drivers, like allow drivers without a signature or something like that, when you select that option windows boot up normally, and boom, the headset is in Audio Devices, and all the sounds are working not only Skype and system sounds, everything works perfectly.

Try the F8 solution on Windows 10, if you won't get it to work I'd just install Windows 7, and use the solution I found.

Oh and I just remembered, our headsets are actually different, so different drivers, maybe you won't have the issue with drivers that I had on Windows 7, in that case you won't have any problems on Windows 7.

Charlie1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

So after I have gone back to windows 7 my problem still persists. Sound works fine on everything until i install the Logitech Gaming Software then only Skype and System Sounds. I would really like to use the Gaming Software as it allows me to use surround sound and change the equalizers on the headset, and also gives alerts on low battery and such. I dont understand how all of a sudden it just stopped working all together.

Any further help or suggestions is much appreciated.

Charlie1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

I did not try that no, but windows 10 has just done an update and has solved the problem entirely, everything is working perfectly now. Must have been the previous update you spoke about that affected it. Thanks a lot for your help. Hope your problem is solved too.