aafragoso

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Acer Aspire one Netbook will only power up to the message below. How do I fix this?

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller
Check Cable Connection!
PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM
No Bootable Device- insert disk

Solution
and after looking it up yes it is F2....the setup is the dumb down term for bios...from there, there will be a option to set the boot order make sure its booting from the hard drive, also make sure it is detecting your hard drive. If its not detecting it the drive may be bad....you could pull the hard drive and check it in another pc to see if its recognized or not

aafragoso

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

Is that by hitting F2 when powering up?

immortalpenguin9

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
depends on the system...I know with my pc its the delete key...sometimes its F12 as on my other pc, usually its a F key though. Either get to the bios or the boot options screen which is also a F key and if you can make select boot from hard drive

aafragoso

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

Cant get to anywhere but the the F2 to enter setup. And thats the setup utility.

immortalpenguin9

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
and after looking it up yes it is F2....the setup is the dumb down term for bios...from there, there will be a option to set the boot order make sure its booting from the hard drive, also make sure it is detecting your hard drive. If its not detecting it the drive may be bad....you could pull the hard drive and check it in another pc to see if its recognized or not

Solution