no screen help

Jon_44

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
Help needed ASAP. My laptop screen busted while I was on deployment and I started using my HDMI output which worked fine until recently. I was playing a game and my fiancé asked me to please use another TV so I closed the game, closed my laptop screen to put in sleep mode, and switched tvs, but nothing showed on the the TV screen.I checked to make sure itwas on HDMI and still nothing. Switched back to the other TV that it was working fine on and yet nothing showed up. What do i do to fix this problem?

Solution
- Make sure Laptop has been completely shut down and then Power Up again (Even remove battery, press power button (10 seconds) to remove residual power, reconnect battery and turn on again. Do the LED's indicate the Laptop boots up?
- Test using a different HDMI cable
- Make sure TV is set to HDMI input source
- What laptop is it? Usually with HDMI you don't need to do anything to output the display...does your laptop have some hot keys (like Fn +F4) to output the signal to an external device?

morjo21

Commendable
May 27, 2016
- Make sure Laptop has been completely shut down and then Power Up again (Even remove battery, press power button (10 seconds) to remove residual power, reconnect battery and turn on again. Do the LED's indicate the Laptop boots up?
- Test using a different HDMI cable
- Make sure TV is set to HDMI input source
- What laptop is it? Usually with HDMI you don't need to do anything to output the display...does your laptop have some hot keys (like Fn +F4) to output the signal to an external device?

Solution

Jon_44

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016