No signal for HDMI 1? Samsung led smart T.V

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U_TouchedMyFries

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
I have tried to look up ways to troubleshoot the problem i have been having but have had no success. Every time i turn on the T.V, cable box, and receiver, it displays that it has no signal on HDMI 1. What could i do about this? if you need anymore info i will be happy to give it to you.

TryingtoMakeitWork

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
My set started having problems two days ago. Purchased the set in July 2015. I had to reset all my internet accounts, etc. I tried the factory reset option but it did not work. Checked all my cables too. Right now I am in the plug/unplug mode of watching TV. Having a hard time finding the "Smart" in the Samsung TV. I did send an email to the Samsung Help Desk. Not holding my breath though.

DonRB1

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
I looked up the current firmware version on my 40J6300 tv on the support menu and its v1430.
This is a higher version than the latest one at the Samsung support website for this tv and that one has a date in Oct 2015 so the newest version we got uploaded automatically may have been this week when the hdmi issue started.
I just have to unplug the tv for a couple seconds without disconnecting other cables to reset the tv hdmi ports to get them to wake up again for now.
wish Samsung allowed downgrade of the firmware version to the older one at their support website!
Or if they could just change the version of the previous fw version to a higher number.

DonRB1

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
This Hdmi port issue appears to have started in the last 2 days for us so thats probably when the latest firmware auto update happened.

Doing the full tv factory reset does not fix this issue from my attempt and it took me to 2 hours to re-setup all my custom settings and smart apps and logins again so avoid that.

We clearly need Samsung to provide us a fixed firmware update ASAP and until then the only current known workaround is to unplug and replug the tv power cord when you want to turn off the tv.

kmcdaniel1969

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
You know what is so bad? It's the fact that they "deny" doing an upgrade.. It is obvious that an update was performed and it is screwed up. Unfortunately, I have no faith that it will be fixed quickly. The reason? I purchased a Samsung SSD for my Samsung laptop. However, Samsung had not updated the software to be compatible with Windows 10. Contacted them and they said they would have a fix out before the end of July.. Long story short, they didn't have a fix out until October. I used another migration software to get it installed.

Also, I put in a service ticket for this issue, even have the confirmation printed, and now it has been removed from my account.

I own a lot of Samsung products.. Phones, TV's, DVD, Refrigerator, etc... The products are good, but if you need help, the customer services is lacking, at best.

i_will_1978

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
Samsung UN55J6300 55-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

Add me to the list for HDMI issues. Resolution is to unplug for a few seconds and plug back in. Spent 1 hour on the phone with Samsung tech and he took me through the standard drills (checking cablebox, factory reset, etc.). Basically told me to call back in a hour because the remote management team was the next step but they weren't taking any more calls at the moment because their queue was full. This started happening two days ago (11/25/2015). It has to be related to the software update for Smart Hub. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. Very annoying. Good luck everyone.

Dave_24

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
I have UN60ES7100 - was working fine last night (Thur 11/27) - then Friday morning problems - screen would go blank/black after a couple of minutes of being on. Turn off (standby) - back on - it worked again for a couple minutes then screen would go blank again.

After 2+ hours of troubleshooting - worked my way down to the problem is with the TV.

Went to Samsung TV tech support website:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/video/tvs

There's an alert posted on the front page that described the problem:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/video/tvs# - said to do factory reset.

My TV would not allow factory reset as described in the bulletin - so I had to do a firmware update - TV menu calls it a software update. Mine went from version 001034 to 002004. Once the firmware updated (I did this via network - hardwire cat 5 from router to TV) - TV had the option to do a factory reset. When I did the factory reset the problem was solved.

joelt903

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

joelt903

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
I have a PN51E550D1, same problem as Dave_24, I first did a firmware update to version 2004, then did a Factory Reset, and it did not resolve the issue. Not saying it may not work for others with a different model, but it did not work for me. I have submitted a Service Request, have a "Two Thousand" Ticket Number, awaiting an email or phone call from Samsung (but not holding my breath). I hope they can resolve the issue...

TryingtoMakeitWork

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
I did the reset and update but I have the highest firmware already on the system. The website appears to have an older version with the disclaimer that they cannot be responsible if you actually use it. Basically my hi-tech solution is to use a power strip to turn the TV off and on. The website does have today's date on it for the screen going black. Seems that Samsung could easily push an update to fix this.

MDA_80

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
I'm have the same issue. Started last night and haven't found a solution other than unplugging the dang tv. It's hung on the wall and it's hard to reach outlet so it's a pain in the butt. Any other ideas so far?

DonRB1

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

Yep thats what I am doing too now, use a power strip to easily power the TV off and on to reset the HDMI ports to get them to wake up.

Samsung could just push out the previous firmware version to replace the buggy newer one (v1430) for the J6300 models to quickly get our HDMI ports working normally again.

I see on the firmware info listing at the Samsung support page for the J6300, they list the following TV models using this firmware so these are probably all effected. There may be other models affected if a similar change (bug) was made to other model's firmwares:
J550 J5500 J5900 J5920 J5950 J630 J6300 J6350 J6360 J6400 J6500

A new thread has been started at the AVS forum for this HDMI port issue:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2223850-samsung-2015-hdtvs-new-firmware-hdmi-port-issue.html

If you are an AVS forum member, please post in that thread as well if your TV has this HDMI port issue, and report your Samsung TV model number and firmware version.

petergator

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015

petergator

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
I too have a Samsung J6300 with HDMI ports that work incorrectly after the the v1430 firmware/software update. After turning off TV then have to remove power to TV or get "no signal" when turning it back on. I spent yesterday on the phone with Samsung Tech support. Doing a factory reset did not solve the problem. Samsung ran a test and claimed that the HDMI ports are testing correctly. However, at my insistence they are going to schedule a tech to visit. This appeared to start after the v1430 update a few days ago.

petergator

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015

petergator

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
I did work with the Samsung Remote management team. They did a complete factory reset and tested the HDMI ports. They claimed that the HDMI ports tested out okay, so the TV had no problem. I insisted that having to remove power from the TV to get HDMI connections was not correct behavior. The remote tech escalated to her supervisor and then said that they would have a local tech call me to setup a home visit. I am still waiting on the call from the local tech. If this is a problem with the 1430 firmware/software that was installed a few days ago then a local tech is not going to solve the problem.

kmcdaniel1969

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015
Just like petergator, I went through Samsung remote management. She said that she had not heard of any problems. However, she was very thorough and we went through a lot of "motions" to troubleshoot. We hooked up component cables and the tv worked. She had me reboot my network. She did not have me do a factory reset because I had already done one. After spending about 1 1/2 hours on the phone, she said they had heard from Samsung corporate that there "may" be an issue. She forwarded all my info to Samsung and said she was using all of this stuff we went through and recorded as the "starting point" for Samsung to correct it.

She said that Samsung should have a software/firmware update with 24 hours. She said it will come out automatically. Of course, she also said if it did not straighten out within 48 hours to call back.

Just a little info...

DonRB1

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

Thanks, thats the first hope we may have to get this problem fixed if samsung actually releases a new firmware update quickly!

To those who have this problem and haven't done a factory reset , I recommend not doing that - it won't help and you will have to spend a lot of time resetting all your custom settings and smart apps after the reset. Its obviously a software/firmware issue, not a hardware issue, so all we can do is wait for a new software version to be released and keep telling Samsung to do so. Until then the only workaround is the cold power reset procedure (unplug and replug tv power cord)

Bonnie_2

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Just got off chat with Samsung tech support - same issue since smart hub upgrade. Here is their response:

At this time, there is no ETA for resolution of this issue. We appreciate your patience as we work through this issue and apologize for any inconvenience and

The device needs to be serviced, since the issue persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.