Solved! No signal from Sony 5:1 to LG TV

Nov 3, 2018
I have a Sony Blu-ray N9200W 5:1 Home theatre system. I haven't had it on for about 3 months. For some reason I only get a "no signal" when I input to the appropriate HDMI that matches on the TV (an LG 42LH50YD by the way). I have used both a HDMI cable and an Optical Digital Cord. I can play a DVD but only get the sound through the speakers. I can't even get the menu up to the screen Any ideas on a fix? Thanks you.

Solution
Can you try with another HDMI cable? If the settings have remained the same since you last used it, and I'm assuming you were able to watch off of it, it's probable the cable might've given up. Replacing the cable and connecting as you did prior would bring back functionality.

Lutfij

Splendid
Can you try with another HDMI cable? If the settings have remained the same since you last used it, and I'm assuming you were able to watch off of it, it's probable the cable might've given up. Replacing the cable and connecting as you did prior would bring back functionality.

Solution

Calvin7

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Blu-ray N9200W
Input and Output Terminals
Analog Audio Input : PIN Jack (1), Auto Calibration Mic Input (1), Ethernet Connection (1), HDMI in/out (2/1), Optical Audio Input (1), USB Input (1), USB Keyboard

Blu-ray player has only a single HDMI Output. It has no Optical Audio Output.

Of the three HDMI ports on the Blu-ray player, only one is for Output. Check that your HDMI cable is version 1.3 or higher.

No sense in using a Optical Digital Cord as Blu-ray player has no Optical Digital Output.

Did you try a different HDMI cable? Did you try a different HDMI input on the TV?
Do you have any other sources connected to the TV with HDMI? Do they work?
Can you try the TV HDMI inputs with another source?
Can you connect the Sony to another TV?
The answers to these questions will tell you if the problem is in the TV or the DVD.

Nov 3, 2018
Did you try a different HDMI cable? Did you try a different HDMI input on the TV? (will do that today)
Do you have any other sources connected to the TV with HDMI? Do they work? (yep - Fetch TV box, Apple TV)
Can you try the TV HDMI inputs with another source? (yep, done.)
Can you connect the Sony to another TV? (on my list to do)

Thanks all, it's a great start to nail the problem - right now I am thinking the HDMI cable has given up the ghost.