Question No sound from jack

Sep 18, 2019
Hy eveyone.

I am having a problem with my onboard audio on my laptop. There is no sound coming out from the 3.5mm jack. Realtek detect when it is plugged in, i can even hear a kind of static noise when i plug it in, but after that no sound at all. It was working before with no issues, it happened from one day to an other. I tried multiple drivers, neither helped. Is it physically damaged?

Sep 18, 2019
first, be sure that the computer isn't muted via hardware. you can press any external mute buttons, which can confirm that the speakers are turned on or not, and if not, turn the volume all the way up. you can check by playing a song or use the Sound control panel (tap on the Sounds tab, choose Asterisk, and tap on the Test). If it doesn't work out, then check Windows and it can be technically possible for your jack to wear or get expired before it's “expiration date” based on the mechanical specs. Another reason may be that you get dirt, oil, or other unwanted stuff up in the jacks. You can find some contact cleaner at most hardware stores by which you can wash this stuff.

The jack socket itself is damaged, now it is official. I hope i can get someone to fix it for cheap. Thanks for the advice tho.