no sound from rear speakers SB3851-CO

Check the audio setting in the TV. Should be set for 5.1 bitstream.
Did you set the levels of all the speakers so when they are tested the volume is the same. This calibrated the speakers to reproduce the audio as was intended. If you turn the rear levels up you get louder rears when there is sound but it doesn't affect anything when there is no sound intended from the rears.
The program you are watching may not have any surround sound. Most programs don't. Even movies won't have continuous rear sound.
Try a different surround sound mode. If you leave most HTS on auto you get stereo when there is only two channels. If you leave it in Dolby it will go from Dolby Digital to Dolby Prologic which will derive some surround from a stereo signal.

Check the audio setting in the TV. Should be set for 5.1 bitstream.
Did you set the levels of all the speakers so when they are tested the volume is the same. This calibrated the speakers to reproduce the audio as was intended. If you turn the rear levels up you get louder rears when there is sound but it doesn't affect anything when there is no sound intended from the rears.
The program you are watching may not have any surround sound. Most programs don't. Even movies won't have continuous rear sound.
Try a different surround sound mode. If you leave most HTS on auto you get stereo when there is only two channels. If you leave it in Dolby it will go from Dolby Digital to Dolby Prologic which will derive some surround from a stereo signal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gimibihi Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 16
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1