No sound when i updated Nvidia

9calle

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
I just updated my Nvidia drivers to 3.10.0 and the computer doesnt seem to be able to find my headset anymore. I have tried searching but couldnt find anything that helped me. :/

Solution
Hopefully just a configuration issue.

Windows 10? First try running the built-in Troubleshooters. "WIN" + "I" > "Update & security" > Troubleshoot (left side column).

You reinstalled the drivers but may have missed some configuration change or had one reversed to the default setting.

Right click the small speaker icon usually located lower right screen corner.

Go into "Playback devices" and check all of the available windows, tabs, and property settings.

Explore first and then try making changes one at a time.

Lots of Windows, tabs, and properties to go through. Take your time, keep notes, be patience.

Failing that take a look at all the other sound related options as well.

Hopefully just a configuration issue.

Windows 10? First try running the built-in Troubleshooters. "WIN" + "I" > "Update & security" > Troubleshoot (left side column).

You reinstalled the drivers but may have missed some configuration change or had one reversed to the default setting.

Right click the small speaker icon usually located lower right screen corner.

Go into "Playback devices" and check all of the available windows, tabs, and property settings.

Explore first and then try making changes one at a time.

Lots of Windows, tabs, and properties to go through. Take your time, keep notes, be patience.

Failing that take a look at all the other sound related options as well.

Solution