Question No sound when playing Blu-ray audio disc through amplifier?

Feb 29, 2020
I'm probably doing something obviously wrong but I'm a bit stumped.

I'm trying to play (for the first time) a Blu-ray audio disc from my Samsung BD-F5100 Blu-ray player through my hi-fi (Marantz amplifier). I've connected the Blu-ray player via a coaxial cable to a digital to analog converter and from there to the amplifier via RCA (?) red and white cables.

However, there is no sound when playing a Blu-ray audio disc. I've tried a CD in the Blu-ray player and that plays fine through the amplifier.

What am I doing wrong? It's probably really obvious but I just can't think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
billsam Audio 1
V Audio 1
gorilaz2003 Audio 3
M Audio 1
K Audio 1
F Audio 1
D Audio 1
J Audio 2
S Audio 1
B Audio 1
J Audio 1
B Audio 3
M Audio 1
S Audio 13
V Audio 17
R Audio 1
J Audio 2
D Audio 1
D Audio 1
D Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Can a Samsung HT_j5550l/ZN play netflix in dolby digital plus in the app on it?
Question Speakers and headphones are not recognized as separate devices, and sound plays in both.
Question How to play music from youtube on an old Sound/Audio/HiFi System
Question Creative T15 Wireless playing sound only from left speaker when using aux
My Realtek HD Audio speakers does not play sound....
Solved! I have dvd /vhs combo unit. I connected the composit and the audio. The dvd plays great the vhs has onl sound???
How to play audio in certain channels of a surround sound headphone?
How do I play audio from Amazon Fire tv stick to Bose surround sound system?
Sony Bluray sound not playing the TV sound with Audio cable connected. It was working earlier. Please help
How to play audio from chrome cast on surround sound?
What audio adaptor would I need to link the sound From my Ps4 to my Headphones while playing my PC?
Need small cablebox to play sound thru bluray surround sound system but only plays audio thru projector speakers
Speakers wont play sound for some videos (please read)
Audio jack/speakers will detect sound, but won't play it.
When play games mic picks up game audio as well as friend's audio
How do I get the audio to play from my Samsung blue-ray to my Samsung T.V. to my LG Sound Bar?
How do I get my roku video to play through my Epson projector but the audio to play through my Vizio sound bar?
Can I use my laptop as "speakers" to play sound for my Playstation 3?
Speaker no audio (on anything played) except a buzzing sound
certain audio will not play

ASK THE COMMUNITY