Solved! Noise Cancelling/Bluetooth off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2019
Hi, I would like to buy a good pair of NC headphones. I´ve been looking for the Sony 1000xm3 and the Bose Cq35, but there is a very important detail that no one talks about, the ability to turn off bluetooth. I would like to have a good pair of NC headphones like Bose or Sony but with bluetooth completely off, is it possible? Thanks

Solution
I believe that it is not possible to disable BT on either the Bose QC35 (I or II) or the Sony WH-1000M3. There may be a workaround for both models: plug in a cut-off plug (no wire). Doing so deactivates BT, and more importantly for the Sony, keeps the noise cancellation active.

I chose the Bose QC35-1 because it can be paired with 2 devices and does not have the NC deactivation problem of the Sony. (Also, it was on sale at Costco.)

Bose QC35-II Manual
Sony WH-1000M3 Bluetooth support
Amazon product page for Sony WH1000M3 - see Q&A
May 20, 2019
I believe that it is not possible to disable BT on either the Bose QC35 (I or II) or the Sony WH-1000M3. There may be a workaround for both models: plug in a cut-off plug (no wire). Doing so deactivates BT, and more importantly for the Sony, keeps the noise cancellation active.

I chose the Bose QC35-1 because it can be paired with 2 devices and does not have the NC deactivation problem of the Sony. (Also, it was on sale at Costco.)

Bose QC35-II Manual
Sony WH-1000M3 Bluetooth support
Amazon product page for Sony WH1000M3 - see Q&A

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.