Noise isolating gaming headphones

faysal32159

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
Hi my computer is pretty loud and instead of getting quieter fans or something like that I want headphones that isolate background noise my budget is nothing more than 100

Solution
in usa?

assuming yes... a few come to mind which get alot of attention.

$80 kingston hyper x cloud. good for gaming, however recessed highs and bass mean not so good for music. its also 3.5mm to take advantage of your soundcard

$80 gamecom 780. it a usb headset and capable of virtual surround. the V shaped high-low profile means its good for both music or gaming. better than average sound quality. since its usb however you cannot use your soundcard.

$90 siberia v2. 3.5mm so you can use your soundcard. better than average sound quality. fairly noise isolating/noise cancelling. more high/mid focused than low. mic is only so/so

$100 logitech g930. decent sound for headsets in this price range. wireless. usb.

---

of course if you...

The Kasafist

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Steelseries V2 should have their mics with noise reduction if I am not mistaken. I would post a link but there are so many colors I figure I would let you search them for yourself. Newegg and Amazon are good places to start.

we need more details...

desktop computer or laptop?
do you have a soundcard? (would you get one if suggested?)
for music or gaming?
headphone or headset?
passive or active noise cancellation? (active distorts sound though)
what kind of sound profile do you enjoy?
open or closed headphones (see my guide "types of headphones" for info on this)

faysal32159

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014

I have a desktop with a sound card. For gaming. Headset. passive noise cancellation. No preferred sound profile. closed headphones

in usa?

assuming yes... a few come to mind which get alot of attention.

$80 kingston hyper x cloud. good for gaming, however recessed highs and bass mean not so good for music. its also 3.5mm to take advantage of your soundcard

$80 gamecom 780. it a usb headset and capable of virtual surround. the V shaped high-low profile means its good for both music or gaming. better than average sound quality. since its usb however you cannot use your soundcard.

$90 siberia v2. 3.5mm so you can use your soundcard. better than average sound quality. fairly noise isolating/noise cancelling. more high/mid focused than low. mic is only so/so

$100 logitech g930. decent sound for headsets in this price range. wireless. usb.

---

of course if you were open to other suggestions besides headsets..

you could get yourself a decent pair of closed-back headphones and then stick a boom mic like this http://www.amazon.com/Moov-Mic-Detachable-Boom-Microphone/dp/B00DLKX7BK[<click on it.

or, if you raised the budget up a bit you could get the better quality modmic attachment and a nicer pair of headphones.

Solution

faysal32159

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014

Im willing to raise my budget and add a boom mic. Any suggestions?