noise when laptop is charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarocho

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
I HAVE A LAPTOP ASUS R554L SINCE DECEMBER. WHEN THE LAPTOP IS PLUG TO CHARGE IT STARTS TO MAKE A NOISE. THIS HAPPENS WHEN I HAVE THE LAPTOP ON MY LAP. IF IT'S ON THE DESK IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

You're probably blocking the fan port on the bottom of the laptop when it's on your lap. On the desktop it probably gets plenty of airflow. The noise is probably the fan going full speed. The cooling profiles are probably different for plugged in and when it's on battery power so the fan doesn't go full speed when it's on battery power but does when it's both plugged in AND on your lap.

I understand you have a problem with your laptop but the forum guidelines ask that members not revive forum posts that are more than three months old and especially if the original poster has never revisited the thread after posting. I'd suggest two things, one, if it's still under warranty, I'd file a warranty RMA with ASUS and get it replaced.

Two, if it's not, start your own thread and one of our members or moderators would certainly be willing to see if they can help you. Good luck and remember to please not revive old threads but start your own thread instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.