Nokia Dream Phone Features Triple OS Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbitron

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I don't need triple boot. Just one is enough. It's just a waste of space. Just make it compatible for all three then let customers choose what they want.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Why do phone makers create concepts for us to drool over, but disapointing actual phones? Maybe they should do it the other way around to make money? Or do I just not understand how business works?

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]orbitron[/nom]I don't need triple boot. Just one is enough. It's just a waste of space. Just make it compatible for all three then let customers choose what they want.[/citation]

I don't know why you'd think its a waste. You get the best of three worlds on one phone. Hell this is better than most other android phones. You can CHOOSE which OS you want. Hell if they allow totally open bootloader and let me stick any flavor of android on it i'm set. Plus if it can run all three flavors then I bet someone will make some flavor of ubuntu for it.

hrrmph

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
Needs to be clam-shell dual-screen like the Sony S2 (on the inner sides of the shells) and needs the outer shell to have a basic screen and some real buttons (for phone only use).

The outside should be made very similar to the forever classic and desirable Nokia 6310i. The 6310i is the best 'feel in your hand, use with one hand, not need to look out it while you are dialing' phone ever built.

Come'on Nokia. Keep the best of the classic and move forward and innovate at the same time. You had the best phone ever. Now merge it with the smartphone concept without losing that real phone feel. Just stuff the dual-screen computer displays on the inside.

-

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
It would be nice with a wubi-like install of additional OS' on top of the original OS, to choose additional OS' or not, how many, & therefore pay or not pay of additional OS'.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Wow... look, another fancy concept rendered in 3D that has yet to see the light of day. Might as well file a patent on it and never release it, so when somebody finally does you can make millions! Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS