Nokia Reveals Camera Phone With a 41-megapixel Sensor

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Bloob[/nom]Pretty sure there was a link to the original unaltered pictures, but if not you can download them at:http://cdn.conversations.nokia.com [...] chive2.zip[/citation]

better picture quality than i have ever had, even at the full size... that fact makes me a bit sad... i want a dslr

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]All depends on how fast the sensor / hardware is, this phone have a totally new sensor designed for satellites. I for one wont speak until i tested it myself rather than prejudge.[/citation]

if you reduce the image size to a point where the smallest unit of detail becomes a pixel (absolute resolution) the image resolution becomes slightly less than 1080p resolution.

this confirms my suspicion of the resolution, and that is a best case scenario of the camera, direct sunlight and ISO of 55

the quality is better than any of the other cellphone cameras that I have seen but the high mega pixel count is just a gimmick

Status
Not open for further replies.