Nokia, RIM, HTC, Samsung Open Fire on Apple

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
Nicer if all these company say recall is more appropriate, that will force Apple issue a recall instead of hand out a free condom. hahaha

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Love. It. :)

So glad to see Apple being portrayed in the way they should be. I hope the rest of the world is watching and learning. Ladies and Gentleman, we present you Apple, in all its glory. :)

Way to go tech companies for standing up to Steve "Blow" Jobs!!!

guzz46

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Because it is true that every phone has its weak spot.

Apple claimed its not unique to the iphone4 which is completely false, show me another phone that drops 20db when held a certain way

G

how comes steve didn't demo the iPhone superior signal lost to put everything into perspective

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Yeah, bringing in other company's products as 'smoke and mirrors' to distract from your own issues is the kind of maneuvering I expect from politicians (both sides do it). It's kinda a lame thing to do in the business world. I know if an OEM customer comes back with an issue with my company's products we work with them to engineer a solution, we don't say "well, our competitor's products do it too! so just deal with it," or "you're using it wrong (even if they might be)."

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
On my Nexus One with build FRF91 of Froyo my signal strength is usually -90db. When I grip my phone with the so-called death grip the signal strength changes to -93db. I have crystal clear audio on phone calls with this level of signal strength. I guess this shows that Steve Jobs really is a moron.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Sounds like other companies are says Hey! You're fancy-schmancy antenna is nothing new; You tout it like it's revolutionary but the truth is, we've considered it and dismissed it and now you know why! It sucks!

And apples fix for the antenna bar problem.. Has anyone read that the phone drops calls now with 2 bars instead of 0 after the update? What a joke.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Apples behavior throughout this entier thing has been dispicable. That having been said, everyone that thinks Apple should do a recall is just plain wrong imo. All those 4 owners who didn't like the phone due to a reception problem SHOULD HAVE RETURNED THE PHONE! The more returns apple gets, the more evident it is that they need to build a new phone.

Apple is a 1 trick pony when it comes to phones. Sure it's a great trick, but look at every other company out there. Motorola, RIM, HTC - they all have several different models of phones. Apples needs to just bite the bullet and and start designing an iPhone 4s or some other minor upgrade that has a different antenna factor. But no recall should be issued. Any Fanboy not smart enough to return a defectivly designed phone, deserves to be stuck when what they bought!

I actually just ordered a iPhone 4 because other than the antenna issue, it's a great phone with all the apps I could possibly want. I'm fully aware of the reception issue and I know how to avoid it from becoming a problem. Apple can simply issue a disclaimer with all future sales of the current iPhone 4 for those of us who are willing to accept the drawbacks, and in the mean time, just slightly adjust the case design in manufacturing and re-brand it as a 4s or maybe a 4a (for antenna). this isn't rocket science. Buyers have to take some responsability seeing as how they were offered a 30 day return policy, and didn't take it.

G

What Apple isn't telling you all is that the signal drops because the phone is diverting power away from the phone circuits to the brainwashing circuit that Apple is using to create it's zombie army of fanbois.

It's not a fault it's a design feature......

Status
Not open for further replies.