Nokia Shows a Much Better Phone Unlock Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I actually like that.. It looks clean, and simple. Plus, for me, gives the chitlins something to entertain with.. Not that I would let them have the phone alone..They'd flush or eat it.. But if on a drive, or perhaps somewhere public like a waiting room.. Could be a mini-life saver.

eraser_rx

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
the concept looks ok....but in a long run, i have doubt....i guess it's because i'm still using keypad and i don't have to look at the screen to unlock the phone...

i would think they are doing this because some unlock methods are patented
http://www.gadgetvenue.com/apple-patent-slide-unlock-character-popping-approved-08185028/

rhangman

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Samsung have had something similar for awhile now. If there are any alerts, then the unlock screen gets turned into puzzle pieces with a piece for each alert which you can drop onto the empty piece to jump straight to the relevant text message, etc.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
cool new concepts, but it could get really annoying after a while especially when there's a bunch of bubbles on screen floating around. it could take a while to find the right bubble to unlock. could you imagine your desktop icons are floating around?

the traditional unlock feature like the Android and iOS are better off :)

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
This is just one example of add-ons in beta-labs. And its not even new. You can easily pimp your N8 with cool features. Check out 'decora' screen saver. Much better than the default clock saver.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]scrumworks[/nom]This is just one example of add-ons in beta-labs. And its not even new. You can easily pimp your N8 with cool features. Check out 'decora' screen saver. Much better than the default clock saver.[/citation]
I dont have desktop icons only people who are used by their computer have icons... a background is something you look at not cover up or something to make your screen look better with the theme you have going. Real computer users customize their computer to their liking not let the computer put crap icons all over that usually you will not use.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Been using it since it came out.

I like my N8, yea I mean it has quite a lot of bugs and it annoys the crap outa me but overall I like it. At least I can hold it anyway I want, unlike certain fruity product. LOL

PreciousL

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Wow that is terrible! Imagine being in an emergency situation like a car crash and having to play the bubble game to be able to call for help. Not only would this interface get old quick, it is potentially dangerous.

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
[citation][nom]PreciousL[/nom]Wow that is terrible! Imagine being in an emergency situation like a car crash and having to play the bubble game to be able to call for help. Not only would this interface get old quick, it is potentially dangerous.[/citation]

Drama queen... Get a grip

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
This would be a lot easier if the bubbles didn't bounce all across the screen.
Might be a neat looking effect, but it makes things more complicated than they have to be.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
i dunno if im gonna like it. I usually am a slow person when it comes to finding the right button. Now that they are floating around, im gonna be starring at my screen like a retard trying to coordinate my finger

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]kewlx[/nom]I dont have desktop icons only people who are used by their computer have icons... a background is something you look at not cover up or something to make your screen look better with the theme you have going. Real computer users customize their computer to their liking not let the computer put crap icons all over that usually you will not use.[/citation]
I don't have a background, since I use my computer and have windows open covering it. You know I actually USE my computer and don't sit there staring at my background or the theme or whatever. My desktop has icons for programs I use and want access too quickly, it doesn't use me (it hasn't brainwashed me into staring at the background) I use it to get to programs I need faster.

mkrijt

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation]Of course, it'll be a bit harder to unlock your phone without looking at it, but that's probably a worthwhile tradeoff.[/citation]

[citation][nom]PreciousL[/nom]Wow that is terrible! Imagine being in an emergency situation like a car crash and having to play the bubble game to be able to call for help. Not only would this interface get old quick, it is potentially dangerous.[/citation]

The bubbles are extra, you still have the unlock slide-key on the side which you can very much use without looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.