Non Digital to HDMI TV

ClaytonComputers

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
OK TV guys I need some help. I have a building that has several tvs. The issue is the owner bought tvs with HDMI only and done have a coneection for older wirning. How can I connect coaxle to these tvs? I don't need Cable just the basic channels. What kinda device, antenna can I use to get this to work.

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
Well from a quick search this hdmi to coax converter from radio shack is the only thing I can find that might work. You get an analog signal from a coax cable that you can connect to an older tv with a coax port and it will work? I would be sure of that before you buy anything, I dont think it works like that anymore. I think you need a cable box and subscription to get even basic. Or you can get a few channels with an antenna and digital converter box.

https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-hdmi-to-coax-adapter

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
If they are really TVs then they have a tuner. Tuners don't use HDMI. If the TV was purchased within the last 10 years then they should have an ATSC tuner that can receive digital OTA (over the air) broadcasts using an antenna connected using a coax cable.

TRENDING THREADS