Solved! non-OEM batteries reviews?

c0r5a38

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone aware of websites that review/rate non-OEM laptop battery performance? I need to replace my Lenovo G50-80 battery....or if anyone can recommend....Thanks

Solution
Only place I have seen that is from the reviews on Amazon for them, for the most part they are faked or from people that did not use the laptop for long. A good rule of thumb, if it's not the OEM battery, it will not be good. Any Chinese made battery cells should be suspect, if you can find a 3rd party maker that uses Japanese battery cells, that should be good, even if assembly is in China.

ultra_male

Prominent
Jan 17, 2019
I've done that before on a few laptops, never again. You get what you pay for as they say. The battery may work for a month then watch it suddenly not hold any charge. Stick to the genuine OEM batteries.

Only place I have seen that is from the reviews on Amazon for them, for the most part they are faked or from people that did not use the laptop for long. A good rule of thumb, if it's not the OEM battery, it will not be good. Any Chinese made battery cells should be suspect, if you can find a 3rd party maker that uses Japanese battery cells, that should be good, even if assembly is in China.

Solution