Solved! NordVPN number of servers?

Oct 7, 2018
Hi,

On Apr 10, 2018 tom's guide published an article https://www.tomsguide.com/us/nord-vpn,review-4494.html about nordvpn where the number of servers were 4,000, another fresh nordvpn review https://www.vpnhint.com/nordvpn-review/ was posted on August 27, 2018 and total number of servers is 4848, on the official website the number is 5100 (October 7, 2018). Don't you think it's rather rapid grow? The question is who and how can check/control what is the real number of servers for the company?

Solution
What are you talking about? It's a quality product, and the number of users is increasing. So it's logical, that then you need more servers as well. These sites just don't have enough time to update the info that's it...

USAFRet

Illustrious
Does it make a difference to us out here?
Are those physical "servers", or simply VM implementations? Given a couple of large server boxes, I can crank up VM instances all day long.

With an account at AWS, you can instance as many "servers" as you need, on the fly.

Oct 7, 2018
Yes it makes sense for potential customers as eg. expressvpn has about 2000 servers (as they stated) and nordvpn twice more, so if I decide between these two and I don't really know much about vpns but want to get one I would make the decision for nordvpn. Most review sites place these two on the top of the comparison charts.

USAFRet

Illustrious

If expressVPN has 1/2 the number of "servers, but only 30% the customer load....expressVPN would, in theory, give better performance.

If Nord is over subscribed for their deliverable workload...they are the poorer choice.

You can't go by "number of servers" alone.
And as you've seen, that is a movable number.

Oct 7, 2018
agree make sense... but for those who can understand this, when a potential customer see the bigger number I suppose he/she thinks it's better and I believe NordVPN use this for motivation and advertising purposes. Regarding the server speed I think the closer your physical location is to the server the better should be the speed.

Oct 8, 2018
What are you talking about? It's a quality product, and the number of users is increasing. So it's logical, that then you need more servers as well. These sites just don't have enough time to update the info that's it...

Solution
Apr 30, 2018
You can always get the free trial version of NordVPN here and see the number for yourself. I'm happy because more added servers are more headache for Netflix and similar streaming platforms.