Normal laptop temperatures??

lianse

Honorable
May 6, 2013
I was wondering what are the normal running temperatures for a laptop? I am not doing anything on mine apart from being online on facebook and downloading SWTOR and these are my temperatures

VhriFoN.png

Are they normal or is that a bit hot for what I am doing?

I use this laptop for gaming and my concern is that if they are that high just with what I am doing that they will get far too hot while gaming.
I have no idea what would be considered normal though?

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
!!!!!! They're extremely hot. The CPU idle temp for laptops is less than 40 C, for GPU is less than 50 C (if both CPU and GPU share the same heat pipes) and HDD is around 35 C. When mobile CPU(s) exceed over 90-95 C, the system will crash itself and restart. Gaming would be horrible in this system. Something is seriously wrong. Is this a new laptop? Are you using it after a long time?

lianse

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Its fairly new, about 3 or 4 months old so a bit disappointing if it is going wrong already but its under warranty so at least it can get fixed if needed.

Agera One

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Dis-assembling laptop might void warranty. Are you blocking the vents under/side of the laptop? Almost all laptops take air in from the under and the CPU/GPU fan pushes them through side ways. Never use laptop on a surface which has no room for air to move between that surface and the downside of the laptop.

If you're using in the correct way and still get high temperatures, claim for the repair/replacement under warranty..