Solved! Not able to connect to a particular website using laptop but connects through mobile

Smatik

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I'm trying to connect to a particular website portal, which opens only if i'm connected to university's wifi. I get the following error on google chrome:
This site cannot be reached.
To connect to wifi, we need to enter our username and password. We can sign in with 6 devices. I have my mobile and laptop connected to the same Wifi.
I have tried changing browsers, even tried to ping it using command prompt(cannot find host) but my laptop is not able to connect. What else can I do to find the problem and rectify it? I don't mind resetting some browser settings if it might help.

Smatik

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

yes university portal for selecting courses to study. Changing DNS didn't help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiona 123 Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
LeeView Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 2
Raj Negi Laptop Tech Support 0
Svlasak Laptop Tech Support 2
paccjas Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
SailorMoonChan Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
Q Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 4
H Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
Palorim12 Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 7
Similar threads
Question Pc won't connect to WiFi or ethernet
Question Why does my laptop's screen turns blank and the audio disappear when I connect my laptop to an hdmi port?
Question Cannot use internal microphone while speakers are connected
Question How do I fix a network issue where laptop will connect to wifi extender but won't connect to internet on main wifi router?
Question External mic does not pick sound when connected to 3.5mm jack
Question 1 home WiFi won’t connect to laptop but other will
Question Issue Connecting a Secondary Monitor to Laptop
Question connecting laptop to pc to share bluetooth
Question Why my laptop charger is nt connecting and cahrging?
Question Need help with connecting mic from 3.5mm to USB adapter to ACER laptop.
Question laptop connected by hdmi to tv but video only plays in a tiny window when maximised. Why?
Solved! Laptop is connected to the wifi but no website can be loaded in any browser. It says "there is something wrong with the proxy
I have an Acer, it's connected to my Wi-Fi, but when I search websites , it says page not found, the diagnose connection probl
Devices say they are connected to the internet and I can sometimes get a search page but no websites will load. This happened
my laptop say's it's connected to the wifi network but no websites will load
going to certain websites brings up login page for a network im not connected to
i have thinkpad and windows 10 pro , connected a wifi but unable a open a website any browser so please healp me
My computer has a full connection to the wifi and Google loads but I can't open any other website. Nothing is working, LAN set
I can Ping websites in CMD and update programs, but web browsers say they can't connect
Can not connect to https websites.

ASK THE COMMUNITY