Not able to open 'My Files' in Samsung Galaxy j2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punabc

Prominent
May 30, 2017
When I am trying to open 'My Files'in Samsung Galaxy J2 it is showing a message as 'Unfortunately My Files has stopped.'Please suggest a solution to this problem.

Have you tried restarting the phone? Sometimes that is all it needs.

If that doesn't work, I would make sure all your other apps are closed first and then try opening it. As another app could be interfering.

Another thing to try, other than the above, is to go into the "Settings" then "Apps", "All" apps and locate the app for that. Tap it and then tap to clear its cache (not data). Then restart the device.

Punabc

Prominent
May 30, 2017
I tried restarting the phone but it didn't work ,then I closed all apps and tried opening 'My Files' that also didn't work.Even after clearing the cache I am not able to open 'My Files'folder. Is there any other solution to the problem?

It could be a problem with the phone, it could be a problem with the app. I can't say off hand.

You could try going into "Settings", "Apps" then "All" and scroll to locate that app. Tap it and then tap to clear the "Cache" and then restart the phone.

Should these not work, you can try getting a different file managing app and see if that works. Or connect the device to a computer via USB cord and access the files that way.

Punabc

Prominent
May 30, 2017

Aug 21, 2017

I tried all of them but still the same issue

Please start a new thread of your own as this one needs to be closed.

Give as much information as you can. Which file and which file manager are you using. Root File Manager is a good one but it does come with adverts. You dont need to root the device to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.