NOT CHEAP: Modern Warfare 2 DLC Will Cost $15

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
This has me laughing so much and I'm glad I didn't buy it in the first place. So much happier with BF:BC2 and dedicated servers. $5 a map is insanely steep, especially when the first title had dozens of great maps that were all free. I fail to see how the customer wins on this one.

Sunburn74

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Hmm...
Cost of MW2: 60 dollars
Cost of MW2 DLC of a few new maps: 15 dollars

The look on your face when you realize you just paid 75 bucks for a game that will be supplanted in less than 6 months with Activisions next gamer-sheep exploitative cash cow? Priceless.

G

Sounds like a company to buy stock in, they know how to make money!

G

They are also including some favorites from COD4 in the DLC still i agree $10 is a bit greedy

xero9200

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
The great thing about a capitalist society is....YOU DON"T HAVE TO BUY IT!!!! People act like they are being forced to buy it. I definitely agree here, way too expensive and as a result I won't buy it.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Was a good game but people are already moving on, most of my friends have moved to the superior Battlefield Bad Company 2 and wont be paying for any DLC.

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
As shitty as this is, I will still pay for it. Its not like I havent blown a small fortune on other games like WOW or the entire bloody half-life series. Hate to say it but it looks like the trend will continue this way for consoles. And strict PC gaming is not an option. I love all of my consoles from my NES to my PS3

And what exactly are we debating here, that we should pay a premium for post-release content? They aren't forcing you guys to buy the DLC. Buy it or not, the choice is yours. Stop the whining.

Are you going to complain about the cost of a refill at your local eatery as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.